What's new

Thor: Ragnarok (11/3/2017) (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
IMG_2842.JPG

I love the artwork Marvel does for these films. It is a shame they don't use these for the theatrical posters.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
IMG_2890.JPG

Love it!

Hopefully the new trailer is released next weekend at Comic Con.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
So much to like in that trailer, really looking forward to this one. Nice to see conversational Hulk, Surtur looks great, charged up Thor, I am hoping Hela is the stand in for death in Infinity War or Avengers 4.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
So much to like in that trailer, really looking forward to this one. Nice to see conversational Hulk, Surtur looks great, charged up Thor, I am hoping Hela is the stand in for death in Infinity War or Avengers 4.

Yeah, this is looking to be something really great. Fingers crossed.

Hela stepping into the role of "Death" in Infinity War has been the predominant theory about how that would be handled, and I think that is pretty likely.

Yes, it is great to see Hulk finally being able to converse. Makes him much more of an actual character. At the Marvel panel, they said that Hulk has been in Hulk form (without changing back to Banner) for two years.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The first two Thor movies were stilted bores and my least favorite MCU movies. But this looks like a total blast.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

All those Marvel artists that could have come up with something kick-ass, and the best that can be done is a poster that looks like Thor is popping out of a Looney Tunes bullseye. The only thing missing is a logo saying, "Th-Th-Th-That's All, Folks". At least, that is what it reminds me of. :lol:

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
All those Marvel artists that could have come up with something kick-ass, and the best that can be done is a poster that looks like Thor is popping out of a Looney Tunes bullseye. The only thing missing is a logo saying, "Th-Th-Th-That's All, Folks". At least, that is what it reminds me of. :lol:

There is always the alternative

bbqtialki1nrfyt9mhmf.jpg

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Add my name to the those who thought the new trailer is magnificent. Was not that enthused after the first trailer, but this new one, WOW, looks like 3rd time is the definite charm.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
New trend in movies? Dunkirk and Dark Tower have some company in the under two hours club.

Current movie edit clocks in at 100 minutes -

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
New trend in movies? Dunkirk and Dark Tower have some company in the under two hours club.

Current movie edit clocks in at 100 minutes -

Hmmm. Well, I'm all for a movie that grabs you and keeps moving at a brisk pace. I think of "Gravity" when thinking about a movie that grabs you, moves along briskly, and leaves you a bit exausted at the end because of the intensity.

So short doesn't equal bad. But I am a little concerned that there isn't much breathing room with that run time and that it possibly limits the scope of what the story can do (considering that the story isn't focused on one person in one situation but several heros and villains doing "something" over several worlds). But everything I've seen so far for this movie makes it look like a cool and thrilling ride, so we'll see.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If the movie itself is about 100 minutes, then add ten minutes for credits (typical for Marvel) and maybe a postcredits scene or two, and you get something like 110-115 minutes which is where the other two Thor movies were.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks