What's new

Thor 2 opens on November 6, 2013 (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Actually, it's just two months. But yeah, was surprised to see a TV spot already.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
image.jpg
image.jpg

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Apparently Joss Whedon was brought in as a script writer to fix some scenes.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/joss-whedon-called-in-to-help-tweak-troublesome-thor-the-dark-world-scenes
(CBR) Although Joss Whedon has been busy working on "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." and "The Avengers: Age of Ultron", when director Alan Taylor ran into some rough spots on "Thor: The Dark World", Marvel called in the big guns.

“Joss came in to save our lives a couple of times,” Taylor tells "SFX" magazine with a laugh. “We had a major scene that was not working on the page at all in London, and he basically got airlifted in, like a SWAT team or something. He came down, rewrote the scene, and before he got back to his plane I sort of grabbed him and said, ‘And this scene and this scene?’ And he rewrote two other scenes that I thought had problems. Then finally we let go of him, he took off again, and we shot the scenes; and they were just much better and much lighter on their feet. Much more fun, much more surprising than what we had been trying to do. I can relate to guys who come out of the TV world, since that’s where I come from. And being able to land and work and solve a problem quickly … I really was grateful.”

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
They are starting to release clips, which I won't be watching so I won't post them here either. But I thought these looked great!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Judging by that poster, they did a better job matching Zachary Levi to Josh Dallas than I would have thought. Glad he was willing to go full blonde for the role.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Does anyone know if this movie is going to be in the US in IMAX 3D? It's very weird it's a week from release and I can't buy advance tickets yet. I live in the San Francisco Area.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm not sure if there are IMAX showings. I do know that 3D showings in the US are supposed to have an extended look at the Winter Soldier attached, also with the new trailer.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The Dark World opened with a 109.4M weekend in 36 international territories.

I'm interested to see what the opening domestic take will be next weekend, but I'm more interested in just finally seeing the movie!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'm very excited for Thor. He and Cap are my two favorite Avengers, and the first films were my favorite Marvel films to date. I'm hearing very fun things about Thor 2!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Jaime Alexander looking fine at the US premier. Gotta say, the censored bar is kind of hilarious.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
There's been rumors that she has been talking with WB. They'd be fools not to try to cast her as Wonder Woman.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I've been listening to the soundtrack and while I miss Patrick Doyle's theme I really like what Brian Tyler has done here. His new Thor theme is quite good, and it is woven throughout the entire score. The Doyle theme (which I always loved) is maybe more majestic and superheric if I had to put it to words. I'd say Tyler's theme sounds more epic and "fantastic", if you catch my meaning. Anyway, here's the main theme if you want to take a listen:I really liked his Iron Man 3 score, and I'm really liking his Dark World score. I actually hope that Whedon uses him for Age of Ultron. Winter Soldier is already being scored by Henry Jackman and James Gunn has his guy for Guardians, but I think the overall sound of the first two Phase Two films is perfect for final film of the phase.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The most fun superhero film of the year. Chris Evans has a hilarious cameo and the ending is a shocker. Loved it. The Cap next year, keep em coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks