What's new

This years Ozzfest (1 Viewer)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Hey,

Anyone know anything about this years Ozzfest. The Ozzfest website just shows lastyears bands. I realize that no dates have been anounced but I'm interested in romours about which bands are going to be performing.

Thanks,

Marshall

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
On the radio, I heard that they are looking at Civilian to perform (Rage Against the Machine with Chris Cornell). This would, of course, be huge. Rob Zombie will headline the second stage. I think POD was listed as well, but I can't remember anymore.

Scott Pagac

Stunt Coordinator
System Of A Down will be the last band on the main stage before Ozzy. This is the only confirmed act as of yet. Rumors are flying about everything else. One of which is Black Label Society will make a return. This would be fun because Zakk would get to play 2 sets with 2 different bands. This one sides more on confirmed rather than rumor, though. A couple others are Soil and OneSideZero.
The UK tour is more fleshed out. SOAD, Tool, Slayer, and Cradle Of Filth are confirmed and many more will be signed on before too long.
I do question Rob Zombie headlining the 2nd stage, though. I just don't see it happening. When OzzFest rolls through my neck of the woods (East Troy, WI), the 2nd (and 3rd) stage is located in the parking lot and the acts are done around 5:00-6:00 and then the attention is focused on the main stage. On top of that, the stages are of the portable variety, so are very small. I don't see Rob doing anything on a stage that small. He hasn't done that since the days of White Zombie, circa 1994.
Last year, Disturbed had to be moved from the 2nd stage to the main stage after the first show in Chicago because they damn near caused a riot. If that happened to Disturbed, with one major album under their belt (still), can you imagine what would happen to Zombie? :)
--Scott

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Why does Europe always get the better festival line-ups? Tool and Slayer with Ozzy would be great! I've never gone to Ozzfest since I rarely like the bands, but that lineup would get me to go.

As for the Zombie thing, it is just a rumor as of now.

Scott Pagac

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, Mike. From what I am seeing/hearing so far, I think I just might have to pass this year. I don't think I want to pay $85 per ticket again, just to see 4 or 5 good bands playing 30 minute sets while I have to try avoiding sun stroke. :) $3 for water (which they actually ran out of last year around 5:00 on the hottest day of the year!), $5 for a small sandwich...you get the idea, and walking (literally) uphill both ways to go between stages (at least at Alpine Valley).
The only good thing about it was Mudvayne, Otep, and Marilyn Manson and a couple other "underground" bands (non-radio-friendly).
--Scott

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I don't think Tool will be playing Ozzfest. I have seen several reports that they are doing a summer tour and Civilian will be opening.

-Dean-

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Tool in Ozzfest is just for England if it happens at all.

Civilian opening for Tool would be very appropriate. Rage Against the Machine was a big advocate and helped promote Tool when Tool was starting out. Now, Civilian can use Tool's popularity to climb back to the top with their new singer and sound.

I've never liked Rage because of the preachiness of the material and the singer. The band always sounded good, though. With Cornell in front, that eliminates everything I didn't like about Rage, so they have the potential to be really something.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I've also heard rumors that Civilian would play Lolapalooza this summer. I really hope Perry Farell goes through on restarting the Lolapalooza tour again.

Also Rick Rubin says the Civilian album (which he produced) should be out this summer. Let's see...Rage+Cornell+Rubin=rock and roll bliss!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks