What's new

This MIGHT have a bearing on getting "Six Million Dollar Man" out on DVD... (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
In the thread about the TV-DVD Conference being held today, there was some brief discussion about the two Bionic shows, and where the heck are the DVDs.

This just in from Variety, which may definately have a bearing on the situation:

I dunno about turning the franchise into a comedy...that actually angers me. Based on JUST this info, I doubt I will go see it (though further info and/or trailers may make me change my mind).

However, the thought that this will almost certainly lead to tie-in DVDs of the original show definately fill me with excitement! since Jim Carrey's in it, the film will sell, I have no doubts about that. Even Bionic fans like me who hate the comedy aspect will adore the idea that they can get the Steve Austin version on DVD. In season sets, I would hope.

Here's hoping...

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I heard about this comedy-version with Jim Carrey on the radio this morning. :angry:

I used to love SMDM...was a favorite of mine growing up. Even though the show hasn't aged especially well, I'd snap up DVD's of the series in a nanosecond.

But.. this comic-themed remake? BAD idea. I enjoy Carrey's stuff... but as a fan of the original SMDM, I'm not interested in this...abomination.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I think its a very big mistake to turn the series into a comedy movie..it should be serious like the tv series.

JACOB

derek

Second Unit
Don't like comedic take either! *BLAH* Hope bionic Sasquatch crushes Carrey's spindly body...

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Would gladly get the DVDs to the original series since it's a childhood classic, screw the movie remake. If Carrey can't be respectful to the original material, he doesn't need to do it in the first place.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Sounds like they're going for an Inspector Gadget type thing, which could be good, but certainly not true to the original series. The same can be said for the new Starsky and Hutch with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson, but that one is a little more understandable, but then I'm not a fan of the original.

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Screw the movie...Just release the dvd's :D

Once again Hollywood have run out of story ideas and resort to butchering classic 70's tv shows

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Dimension Films has transformed the 1970s TV series "The Six Million Dollar Man" into a potential tentpole, making it a comic pairing between Jim Carrey and director Todd Phillips.

Is there anything MiramAxe/Dimension can't screw up?

That said, I'd love the original series on DVD :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks