this may be a weird question but................

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason-Pro, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Jason-Pro

Jason-Pro Stunt Coordinator

What does everybody use to dust off there stuff ??
    ive just been looking latley and no dusters work for me. and i cant find one thats skinny and long to go under the receiver and dvd player etc.
    also what do you suggest for cleaning TVs with ?
    this may be a weird question but just wondering what all you pros use as for im trying to be a pro ! [​IMG]

2. Eduardo

Eduardo Agent

My equipment is currently sitting inside an armories and it is difficult dust. I currently using cut down yard stick and one of those static dust wipes. I wrap one end with the wipe and I can fit it between the components and the shelving above and below. It also reaches all the way to the back.

3. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

Components need space to breathe. This allows dust to cover your equipment. What to do? I clean the outside of my components about every two weeks with a just-damp sponge. My DIY Flexi rack gets a wipe-down with Pledge. The TV is wiped with an old t-shirt dampened with sterile water. Some people use the compressed air cans, but it seems like they just move dust around.

4. chella

chella Stunt Coordinator

The A/V rack and out side stuff - static duster
    Equipments - 3M micro fiber cloth
    TV - paper towel with little amount of mild glass cleaner

5. shane_watson

shane_watson Stunt Coordinator

if you can find those swiffer like gloves they work awesome i couldnt survive without them basicly if you can fit a hand in the crack it can be dusted easily i give em 4 stars!

6. Jason-Pro

Jason-Pro Stunt Coordinator

k cool

7. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

I use windex wipes for my a/v equipment there not to wet and they do awesome! if you have wood they make pledge wipes to! allot easier to clean with than a towel!
    On my Tv i use electronics... end dust. It works like a charm! better than glass cleaner