What's new

This kind of senseless death really bothers me. (1 Viewer)

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
I think if it hadn't been an old person driving, the person would have been beaten to death or very close, even if a few people tried to restrain others. If someone almost killed me or killed a friend of mine in this manner, I would become homicidally violent, and I am normally extremely calm. I think he was really lucky to not be killed.

As far as the issue of mandatory testing starting at a certain age: I'm not sure why anyone makes constitutional arguments against it, because there is nothing in the constitution guaranteeing anything of the nature of driving. The safety of the public comes with the cost of inconveniences to individuals. We make laws limiting the rights of young people in regards to liquor, driving, etc. Frankly, it's time to do the same with senior citizens. No, this is not a knee jerk reaction, I've felt this way for quite a few years.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
:Edited for strong content: Even if him and his family go completely broke over this that's still not good enough. This guy was dragging bodies on his car that had smashed through the windshield and a body or two under his car for a solid block.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Gary->dee, I think we get the point.

Let's try and tone things down just a bit so this thread doesn't get closed. I'm not sure how the Moderators will take to wishing physical harm against others.

FWIW, I understand why you're so angry.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Would you be willing to wager on that? These aren't job applicants we're talking about.
Well, I guess anything is possible when you're talking about a handful of judges interpreting the constitutionality of a law, even so, I'll take that bet.

However, I probably should have just said that it will never, ever happen. :)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
However, I probably should have just said that it will never, ever happen.
In that case, I'll just keep my money, thank you very much. ;)

Sad, but true. I don't think anything will come of this with regard to limiting seniors' driving privileges. My father is in his seventies, has macular degeneration, and has voluntarily terminated his own driving privileges. It's a pain for the rest of us, sometimes, but it's a pain I'm proud of. I hope I have the same grace and conviction to do the same when my driving days should be done.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I thought that I should dig up this old thread due to current events.

Update: The trial has begun for the bus driver. "He's facing two counts of criminal negligence causing injury to Jude and Kanchana Appuhamy and one count of criminal negligence causing the death of their 18-month-old son Chamin." You can find it here

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks