This isn't right...it's too cold!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary_E, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

It is 5:30 am and 44 degrees in South Florida and I'm FREEZING my ass off. [​IMG]
    Someone please post your below zero temps, so I can feel better.
    -Gary

2. James St

James St Supporting Actor

North Florida, 28 degrees with a hard freeze warning. This sucks! [​IMG]

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Pft! Wimps! [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, it's about 28 here in Minneapolis, MN area. Talk about a warm spell!

4. Dave Reichert

Dave Reichert Stunt Coordinator

It's about 48 here in Denver right now at 4:45 am. Looking forward to a high of 65. Denver is just weird like that I guess. Usually its about 30 degrees for a high this time of year. This weekend I'm going to be in the valley of the cold too, good old Winter Park and Fraser, usually has lows of about -5 this time of year. Woo hoo!

5. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

It was 32 again in Orlando this morning...This is getting ridiculous...Had Ice on my truck this morning also....It is suppose to go below freezing again tonight....

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I think this morning was like 26°F outside today.. I guess it must be time to start bike commuting again... Yes!!!!! 32° is too warm to bike to work, I just hate working up that sweat! [​IMG]
    Jay

7. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

The weather is indeed very strange this year. We are supposed to hit a high of 45 degrees today in southern Minnesota. Consider the fact that it is generally 45 degrees BELOW ZERO at this time of the year. Also, we have only received about two inches of snow this entire winter season - last year at this time we would already have had four feet!
    Yup, it's positively balmy in the great state of Minnesota. Strange indeed... [​IMG]

8. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    What makes me laugh [​IMG] is that Atlanta has had more snow this year than Toronto. BUUUU HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA

9. Scott_G

Scott_G Second Unit

Still have Snow on the ground in Raleigh NC.

Last year we got nothing, year before a record 20 inches in one day ! This year was about the 7 largest at 8 inches then 2 more the next day. It's about 31 here. Cold, but managable.

Stuff should melt away in the next few days.

10. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Kansas City is clear of snow at this time, and registering highs today in the 60's (closing in on the record from the 1960's). I laugh at Florida!

11. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

It's 37 here right now, and I consider that EXTREMELY nice weather (as in I would walk out side with just a sweater on). The normal average temp up here for today is 1.

I remember about 5 years back we had a really bad cold spell for two weeks (in which I had to walk a little over 15 minutes to and from school). It was -49 with a -76 windchill. One of those days it even hit -85 with the windchill. Now that was cold.

12. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

13. Craig Chatterton

Craig Chatterton Stunt Coordinator

It was 61 degrees yesterday, 54 today. Sigh. We're already starting to get flood warnings. How about sending some of that cold this way! We want some snow! It's been five or six years since it's snowed in the valley where Portland is.

14. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Clint
    Here in Arkansas, it's currently 40° outside with a SW wind at 10-15mph. Highs expected to be near 60°. Tomorrow's highs will reach into the low 70s with lows in the mid 40s and a slight chance of late evening showers.
    Man, I love Arkansas winters. They're different every year! It's the ultimate weather grab-bag! [​IMG]

15. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

It's really cold in Boston right now... with the wind chill, it's about 5 degrees.

Luckily, I live right on the coast, so it's always about 10 degrees warmer by my place than downtown.

16. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

although I miss the snow (we had like an inch of snow, once, this year), I can't say I'm sad.

Between the torn ligaments of both of my knees, wrecked ankle, pinched nerve on my shoulder, tendonitis on my right wrist, subluxation on my left lower back and herniated disc on my lower right back, I don't think I can shovel any snow at all.

oh, and pain in my right hip too.

17. Steve Owen

Steve Owen Second Unit

When I woke up this morning my outdoor thermometer said 15.9 F. That along with a fresh coat of white stuff made travel a little tricky.

-Steve

18. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

the funny thing is, it's 42 degrees in north dakota, normally we'd be LUCKY to be above zero today, let alone 42.

19. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Here in Calgary it's +8 degrees Celcius. that's about 46 F.

And that's at 10 in the morning. and getting warmer! No snow of course, I agree with the toronto people in that Atlanta has had more snow this year than Calgary has. hehehehe..

20. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Yaknow what I like about having an attached garage during the Wisconsin winter? No, it's not that I don't have to scrape ice off of my windshield in the morning.. it's because it's like having your own giant walk-in cooler! I can fit alot of beer in there!