What's new

This Island Earth/Forbidden Planet (1 Viewer)

William D Cavender

Stunt Coordinator
Forbidden Planet had a 4 channel directional high fidelity sound track with anaspect ratio of 1:2.55. The current audio is from whats left of the left and right channels. The 1956 release did have greater use of the center and surrounds. I to have herd rumor that WB was working on this title.

It would be nice if the people at Paramount would completely redo the George Pal films When Worlds Collide and War of the Worlds. The current releases have too much visual information cropped/zoomed out of the picture. Then too it would be nice if they remastered the audio of Wae of the Worlds from its original 4 channel theater release.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Forbidden Planet had a 4 channel directional high fidelity sound track with an aspect ratio of 1:2.55. The current audio is from whats left of the left and right channels. The 1956 release did have greater use of the center and surrounds. I to have herd rumor that WB was working on this title.

It would be nice if the people at Paramount would completely redo the George Pal films When Worlds Collide and War of the Worlds. The current releases have too much visual information cropped/zoomed out of the picture. Then too it would be nice if they remastered the audio of War of the Worlds from its original 4 channel theater release.
Yes it would be great & I'd rebuy all 3 of them in a NY minute.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
The laser of "This Island Earth" has brighter colors but the DVD is sharper.

The CAV MGM last issue of "Forbidden Planet" has better colors than the DVD and the Criterion version. The DVD is sharper than both.

I wonder why they never put the original stereo sound on the "War of the Worlds" DVD?

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
It would be great if THIS ISLAND EARTH could be restored to its full Technicolor splendor for a new DVD release.

As for FORBIDDEN PLANET, I hope that warner is working on a full blown Special Edition with improved image and sound... Perhaps Lowry Digital Images and Chase Productions could be involved in restoring this science fiction classic, so it achieves its full potential on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks