This is why I had to get 2 DVD players==> RCE

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Niel_JL, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Niel_JL

Niel_JL Stunt Coordinator

http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html
    Some people were asking me why I needed a receiver with 2 component video ins for 2 DVD players. The answer is above.
    I bought a codefree DVD player right before some companies decided to do this. Apparently, it is to prevent people like me ,who travel and enjoy watching international movies, from watching any kind of movie I like. I will try the workarounds again and see what I can get. [​IMG]

2. WesleyHester

WesleyHester Stunt Coordinator

John Hester
    Niel_JL I hear you. I've had 2 DVD players for years. My initial reason was because I had a player that had problems and it required me to be without a DVD player while it was sent away for repair. From that day on, I have always had 2 DVD players.
    Some people still can't believe or understand why anyone would need 2 DVD players. However, I think its great and would recommend it to anyone who can afford it.
    When I experience a "glitch" while watching a movie, it only takes me a minute or two to confirm if it is the disc or the player because all I have to do is take the disc out of one and put it in the other.
    Through the above process of elimination, if the player is found to be at fault and it's confirmed on the internet, I sell that one and keep the better player. Once the player is sold I don't have to be without DVD movies and I always upgrade to a better player.
    Currently I have a Panasonic RP-91 and a JVC XV-D725 and wouldn't trade them for anything.
    Also I split usage time between the two so hopefully they both will last longer or at least appear to. [​IMG]

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I belive it was me that asked why you had two in one system, but I figured it was regional coding. I actually have 3 right now :b, but I normally have 2, in 2 separate systems and one just sitting there for (will be a gift). If one of the ones in use dies, I have the other. If they both die, then I will just go get a couple of new ones. [​IMG]

4. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

Is there a reason for such regional restrictions?