What's new

This is weird. (1 Viewer)

vote4pedro

Agent
Real Name
Pedro
I just bought a Samsung PN60E6500. I read the reviews before buying it. The consensus was that it had a great picture and was probably the best 60" TV you could buy for under $1,500. The one complaint was that there was a faint buzzing sound coming from the TV. I didn't think it would be much of an issue, so I decided to buy it.
The picture is absolutely amazing, better than I had hoped for. And the buzzing is there, you can hear it during very quiet scenes. But I noticed something really weird.
I can only hear it when I'm sitting upright. When I angle my head to the side, resting it on my hand, the sound disappears. Same thing when I lay on my side.
I'd be curious to know if it's just my ears or if anyone else has experienced this.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You, sir, are truly unique...
I've not personally experienced "buzzing Samsung"(mainly from chasing people I know away from them with fly swatters)...
Moving your head "shouldn't" make a difference...but "shouldn't" is not saying "never"...
Like first time I went to a rock cliff in Mexico and jumped into the ocean. I was 4 months out of knee surgery and knew I "shouldn't" jump off the cliff...

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
I think youre just changing the relative angle from the source of the buzzing to your ear. Since its such a mild buzz it doesnt take much to not hear it. This also indicates that its a fairly high pitched buzz and its a very directional frequency (IE only frequencies below 80 HZ are omni directional)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks