What's new

"This is the Army" release on Delta - any information? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
"This is the Army" Link Removed is a great musical, with songs written by Irving Berlin and direction by Mike "Casablanca" Curtiz. It won the Oscar for Best Music. DVDpricesearch is reporting that a DVD copy is coming out tomorrow, 20 August, on the "Delta" label. Does anyone have any news about this release? I'm waiting for this very politically incorrect release: can you imagine Ronald Reagan directing a "soldiers in DRAG" musical number?

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like it's in the public domain. Delta is a german-based company. They released budget CD product on the Laserlight label in the U.S. I suspect it was mastered from a print and not from original elements as are most PD titles.

NeilEdwards

Stunt Coordinator
I am anxious to hear info on this title. The last Delta title I viewed "Santa Fe Trail" was missing tracks and timings. I hate that ... never know where I am in the movie if I have to stop it for a minute. Also, the quality was poor. Other Delta titles have had the Delta logo in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Bad again.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
That's not good news. Actually, This is the Army is bundled in a two disk set with The Santa Fe Trail....

But I guess it can't be much worse than my old public-domain VHS copy....the tracking was so bad both the picture and sound were terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks