What's new

this is my second rptv in 18 months, and now.. (1 Viewer)

Tappan

Auditioning
18 months ago i bought a 53" Sony kphs10 from Rex for $2499.99 with tax delivery and warranty it came to $3200.00. after a little over one year the tv showed a blue outline around people's faces and other light objects, i told the clerk a Rex about it hoping he would send someone to fix it since it was under warranty with them. his remark was "we can't do anything about that it's just what Sony tv look like you should have purchased a Hitachi"
i asked him again less than a week later and his reply was "well we'll look in to it but like i told you before there is probably nothing we can do". they never called back and a month or two later the tv just turned itself off, i called Sony and they said to unplug it for one minute and replug it and see what happens. when i replugged it a bang came from the tv and the Sony tech told me to leave it unplugged until i could get Rex to fix it. i spoke to the manager and he was very nice and eager to help. the store tech told me i blew a blue bulb, blue processor chip,green bulb, and a green processor chip due to the fact the tv's blue bulb was not replaced when i first complained.
this ended with me getting a $2000.00 credit with Rex and 3.5 years of my 5 year warranty left, above i said i paid $2500.00 for my tv but i was informed i was only getting a $2000.00 credit because i had already enjoyed it for 18 months. i paid the difference and got a Hitachi 57" uwx20b, by the way they made me pay a $50.00 charge to return the damaged tv. 10 days ago the tv was delivered, within the past 3, or 4 days it's been popping and then the screen for a few seconds will have a red, green, and blue outline. thank you very much for listening to me, if you can tell me whats wrong i would appreciate it more than you could ever know.

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I would never buy anything from Rex. All their salespeople seem like schisters to me. Everytime my girlfriend and I go in there, they are always breathing down my neck trying to make a sale and some of their salesman are just plain rude. I purchased a cd changer for my girlfriend's car (which coincidentlly broke) and I swore I would never try to save the $20 again.

TimTurtino

Stunt Coordinator
Well, without a doubt,

A) Return that Hitachi. The TV itself is a fairly good TV, so feel free to accept another version of the same model.
B) Don't buy from that store again. I personally would raise holy heck until they gave me my money back (ALL of my money back) and then take that cash elsewhere. This is not because of the defective Hitachi (once in a while, every store will unwittingly deliver a defective unit) or even because of the Sony, but because of their candy assed response to the problems with the Sony.
C) That Hitachi comes with either a year or two year warranty, and I believe you can extend it (w/ Hitachi). If you bought the extended warranty from Rex, return it, and get Hitachi's. (Check to make sure that Hitachi provides service where you live). (Do this _while_ replacing the Hitachi.)

Me

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
What a nightmare! I've never heard of Rex but it sounds like a great company to avoid.

Unfortunately, it seems as if your new set needs a service call.

Jan

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Tappan,

You should doublecheck your EW for the Sony to see the fine print. My Best Buy EW says the replacement OR refund will be for comparable performance TV. That may well mean getting less $$$ refunded, BUT that should also mean I can buy a TV w/ comparable performance of the original.

It sounds like your EW was very expensive also, so the replacement TV better not cost you extra.

If they won't do anything more for you, tell them you'll report them to the Better Business Bureau and let family, friends and acquaintances know not to buy from them in the future.

_Man_

Tappan

Auditioning
thank you for your replies, and i don't think you will have to worry about me buying from Rex any more. by the way a friend of mine said that the problem sounds like the Hitachi has dirty guns. will see they said their tech is out of town until the 18th so i guess that means Monday. by the way does anybody know how to get in touch with a higher up at Rex the manager told me his district manager "won't talk to customers" so i'm looking to go over the district managers head.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks