What's new

This is my HT setup. Is this good for a first purchase? (1 Viewer)

Paul_A_R

Auditioning
TV (old): CT-2013SA. Panasonic 20 inch stereo from 1999. I cant find any link to this model.
DVD player (new) $130 from local store: Panasonic DVD-RV32K
Link Removed
Receiver (new) $250 from online store: Panasonic HE100k
Link Removed
Front and rear speakers (new) $600 for 4 from online store: Polk Audio RTi38
http://www.polkaudio.com/home/produc...=4&speaker=177
Front center speaker (new) $150 from online store: Polk Audio CSi30
http://www.polkaudio.com/home/produc...=5&speaker=208
Rear center speaker: not purchased yet
Subwoofer: not purchased yet
Ok, the speakers are wired with new 16 guage wire from home depot. I have the front speakers mounted on the wall behind the tv about 6 feet on either side of the tv and same level as the tv, the front center i have sitting on top of the tv and rear speakers on the back wall about a foot higher than the front speakers and about 1 foot behind the couch. I have the dvd player connected to the receiver with premium quality 6 foot optical cable. I am happy with the setup eventhough i would like to get a subwoofer but my current living arrangements prevent me from having one since im on a second floor of a 2 family house and the people downstairs really piss me off when i play my movies/music a little louder than minimum for me to listen well. This is my very first HT setup and i already notice a huge enjoyment with it. Since i work for a cable company i get all the premium channels free. What do you think about my system? Any comments are appreciated. Thanx

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
paul,

It looks like you will be wanting a bigger tv sometime soon? Even a 27in is what many still have but a 32-36in might be found returned and "open box" priced at one of the big electronic stores.

bill

Paul_A_R

Auditioning
ya im an idiot when it comes to making links in these vB Code reply boxes but now its fixed.

Paul_A_R

Auditioning
my living room is fairly small and i sit about 8 feet infront of the tv so thats why i still have the 20 inch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks