What's new

This is literally NOT supposed to happen... (1 Viewer)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Ambigious thread title :thumbsdown:
Page that doesn't seem to be loading properly :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
:D
Why not summarize what the link is since it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm...take Metal Gear's corny story lines and bring it to a Nintendo console? I see Solid Snake on a mission to save all of humanity by protecting the environment from Yoshi poop.

James T

Screenwriter
Metal Gear, from what I know is most likely not coming back to Xbox. Konami was kinda disappointed with the Xbox sales in both the US and Japan.

I hope it's just the Metal Gear Solid 1 upgrade and not something new

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Originally posted by Camp:
Hmmm...take Metal Gear's corny story lines and bring it to a Nintendo console? I see Solid Snake on a mission to save all of humanity by protecting the environment from Yoshi poop.
Unlike the storyline from the other Metal Gear Solid game, that might actually make some amount of sense.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Hehe, that's funny because as a gamer I was disappointed in Konami's Xbox performance ;) Why in the world it ran slower than the PS2 version and didn't have 480p graphics is just beyond me. I knew they would draw the conclusion that the Xbox wasn't a MGS seller, but then along comes Splinter Cell -- so I guess maybe now Konami eats a little humble pie. Make a good port next time and maybe someone will buy it...

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Joe: Comparing the PS2 MGS2 numbers to the Xbox Splinter Cell numbers, I don't think anyone's eating any pie other than money pie any time soon.

And regarding this thread, I'm a bit confused. Why is this not supposed to happen?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Josh - The godlike designer of the MGS games said that they were going to design for PS2 and Xbox and not GC. Now Xbox is out because of MGS:Substance sales and suddenly GC is being treated like a golden boy (over even PS2). The fans who bought a PS2 for MGS games feel a little betrayed by this turnaround.

Also, I was trying to point out that Konami said MGS:Substance didn't sell well on Xbox because the market wasn't there, or that the Xbox consumers didn't want that type of game. Then Splinter Cell (same genre) comes along and sells a ton of copies, so obviously the market on Xbox was there. Konami just couldn't capture it with such a lame port of MGS2. Just think it is lame for Konami to blame Xbox owners for Konami's mistakes.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Now Xbox is out because of MGS:Substance sales and suddenly GC is being treated like a golden boy (over even PS2). The fans who bought a PS2 for MGS games feel a little betrayed by this turnaround.
"betrayed"? "like a golden boy"? Bleh. "A Metal Gear game" is announced for the GC & Konami have /betrayed/ PS2 owners? That's what you've just said. When are fanboys going to realise that it's all business & business is brutal.

[added]
And I don't mean that to sound all bitter or high & mighty. It's just a fact of life that companies have to re-evaluate their target platforms with the way the current market is shaping up. This current game market is brutal.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator

I concur with Brian's comments: regardless of what he may or may not have said, it's all about $$$, not about 'shafting' certain console owners.

Besides, if anyone has a right to bitch about being 'shafted' by Konami, it's GameCube-only owners.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Isn't the recent MG release the one where it appears to be a cool first person shooter similar to the ones in the past except for the skateboarding.

Why would take a game and add completely non related things like skateboarding to it?

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Besides, if anyone has a right to bitch about being 'shafted' by Konami, it's GameCube-only owners.
I don't get the "shafted" metaphor. They're not "shafting" you. You just need to buy the platform with the games on it that you want.

Do I feel shafted because Microsoft bought Bungie and turned what was supposed to be a great Macintosh FPS into an Xbox flagship title? No. I feel miffed, and my loathe for MS has increased, but I don't feel shafted. I feel as though I should either buy an Xbox to play it or not worry about it.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator
They're not shafting me? Of course they're not: I have all three consoles.

One more time: I am stating that if anyone has the right to complain about lack of Konami titles, it's Cube owners who get a steady diet of Disney Sports titles.

Personally, it doesn't make any difference to me--like I said, I own all three and, furthermore, didn't I just state that it all comes down to the money?

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Well I guess recent events with this title and Splinter Cell should teach people not to buy a console system for just one game.

Damien

Supporting Actor
Why is nintendo always have to keep there games such big secrets??? Mario Kart, Virtua Fighter Quest, and Crystal Cronichle have basically 2 sentence previews at gamespot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks