This is literally NOT supposed to happen...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Morgan Jolley, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

It's way too early for April Fool's Jokes, so I have no idea how this happened.

http://www.gamers.com/news/1325133

Didn't a certain person who was EXTREMELY important to this say it would not happen?

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Ambigious thread title [​IMG]
    Page that doesn't seem to be loading properly [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Why not summarize what the link is since it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Hmmm...take Metal Gear's corny story lines and bring it to a Nintendo console? I see Solid Snake on a mission to save all of humanity by protecting the environment from Yoshi poop.

4. James T

James T Screenwriter

Metal Gear, from what I know is most likely not coming back to Xbox. Konami was kinda disappointed with the Xbox sales in both the US and Japan.

I hope it's just the Metal Gear Solid 1 upgrade and not something new

5. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

6. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

7. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

8. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor

Yay! I will buy it. I've only played through MGS 1, neither of the sequels.

9. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Hehe, that's funny because as a gamer I was disappointed in Konami's Xbox performance [​IMG] Why in the world it ran slower than the PS2 version and didn't have 480p graphics is just beyond me. I knew they would draw the conclusion that the Xbox wasn't a MGS seller, but then along comes Splinter Cell -- so I guess maybe now Konami eats a little humble pie. Make a good port next time and maybe someone will buy it...

10. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

Joe: Comparing the PS2 MGS2 numbers to the Xbox Splinter Cell numbers, I don't think anyone's eating any pie other than money pie any time soon.

And regarding this thread, I'm a bit confused. Why is this not supposed to happen?

11. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Josh - The godlike designer of the MGS games said that they were going to design for PS2 and Xbox and not GC. Now Xbox is out because of MGS:Substance sales and suddenly GC is being treated like a golden boy (over even PS2). The fans who bought a PS2 for MGS games feel a little betrayed by this turnaround.

Also, I was trying to point out that Konami said MGS:Substance didn't sell well on Xbox because the market wasn't there, or that the Xbox consumers didn't want that type of game. Then Splinter Cell (same genre) comes along and sells a ton of copies, so obviously the market on Xbox was there. Konami just couldn't capture it with such a lame port of MGS2. Just think it is lame for Konami to blame Xbox owners for Konami's mistakes.

12. BrianB

BrianB Producer

13. Eric C. Mylonas

Eric C. Mylonas Stunt Coordinator

I concur with Brian's comments: regardless of what he may or may not have said, it's all about $$$, not about 'shafting' certain console owners.

Besides, if anyone has a right to bitch about being 'shafted' by Konami, it's GameCube-only owners.

14. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

Isn't the recent MG release the one where it appears to be a cool first person shooter similar to the ones in the past except for the skateboarding.

Why would take a game and add completely non related things like skateboarding to it?

15. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

16. Eric C. Mylonas

They're not shafting me? Of course they're not: I have all three consoles.

One more time: I am stating that if anyone has the right to complain about lack of Konami titles, it's Cube owners who get a steady diet of Disney Sports titles.

Personally, it doesn't make any difference to me--like I said, I own all three and, furthermore, didn't I just state that it all comes down to the money?

17. Jeff Ashforth

Jeff Ashforth Stunt Coordinator

Well I guess recent events with this title and Splinter Cell should teach people not to buy a console system for just one game.

18. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

19. Eric C. Mylonas

Any one 3rd party game [​IMG]

20. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

Why is nintendo always have to keep there games such big secrets??? Mario Kart, Virtua Fighter Quest, and Crystal Cronichle have basically 2 sentence previews at gamespot.