What's new

This is Jack Briggs, and I am homeless. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Oh, and Michael_K_Sr: I will PM you when I am able to log on again. I saw your post. Your ticket could make things even better. I have to log off soon and then relog back on. Give me some time. With affection, JB

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
schan1269 said:
No BoA. branch close?
Ah, I didn't understand your previous post on this procedure. If it's that easy, I'll find a BoA branch and get it taken care of. Thanks.

You're almost there, Jack. Hang in there.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
As long as you walk in with cash and say "I need this deposited in Jack Briggs acct in LA"...they should have no problem doing that.

IF the teller acts confused on what to do with the receipt...just tell them to put it in the trash.

The only way you need to be more specific is if there are more than one JBs in LA...

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Jack,
I don't believe we interacted all that much, but I very vividly recall you being one of the grandmasters of the forum when I joined back in 2001. I remember your long-time signature image, combining 2001, Fight Club, and Spinal Tap into a single amusing and potent melange.

I wish you very well, and I spent many a day in lovely Nashville (my grandparents lived there) during my youth, and I hope getting there is as painless as possible and ultimately as helpful as possible for you.

Thank you for sharing with us, and for allowing us to try and help in any small way we can.

Best wishes and keep us posted!

Sincerely,
Chuck

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is the image, I recall, that was Jack's long-time signature picture (without the text):

maxresdefault.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BrianW said:
Ah, I didn't understand your previous post on this procedure. If it's that easy, I'll find a BoA branch and get it taken care of. Thanks.

You're almost there, Jack. Hang in there.
schan1269 said:
As long as you walk in with cash and say "I need this deposited in Jack Briggs acct in LA"...they should have no problem doing that.

IF the teller acts confused on what to do with the receipt...just tell them to put it in the trash.

The only way you need to be more specific is if there are more than one JBs in LA...
I am working on getting the street name where Jack is staying--and is using with BoA--if that makes those direct/BoA deposits any easier.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
As it happened, I already had a PayPal account. I need it for a few of my payments to parties inside the USoA.
I'm expecting no technical problems.

Cees

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
That would still require you to create an account, this time with Google wallet.

I did some searching, and it turns out that there is a way to send money to Jack without having to create or use a Paypal account. Using the following link should do the trick:

https://paypal.com/xclick/[email protected]

I haven't tried it myself as I used my existing Paypal account, but if you click the link above, enter an amount in $ in the top left, and then select the 'Pay with a credit or debit card' link at the bottom right, it should allow you to proceed with the payment without needing to login or create a Paypal account. Paypal also apparently doesn't store your card or personal details if you do this. Handy for people who hate Paypal.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thank you for the link, Koroush. That made things so much easier for me, as I do not have a Paypal account. I was not able to find that method from Paypal's main page -- good find!

Jack, hopefully you will be back in Nashville soon, and will be able to get back on your feet. Better days are ahead.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
good luck Jack. With your great attitude it wont be long before your back on your feet. Donation sent

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hello there, good people of Home Theater Forum:

My posts are now all starting with my head in a daze and my hands shaking. Because of your unbelievably true and pure good will and deep-felt kindness, I truly am ready to be on my way. I do not know how to say these things. To be wrapped in kindness at this level is something that has been unknown to me until now. Did I really write posts that impressed you that much? Did I?

There are some Paypal contributions I am unable to access for the simple reason the account has yet to be verified. I opened the account on Saturday, yet today is only the second business day since the account was up and running. In other words, there is more in the account than has already been tabulated. My head spins.

I am seeing possibilities now that go beyond what I had planned originally, when returning to Nashville became the clear option before me. Before I came back here, I was going to return to my home state with the funds I had on hand from general relief payments -- one payment to get the Greyhound ticket and the other payment to sustain me in a cheap room while I worked like the bejeezus to get some sort of job.

Let us just say that I have been given, by virtue of your sheer kindness, the gift of -- I do not know how else to say it -- life. A gift from my friends at Home Theater Forum.

As I told Mike Frezon before posting this message -- and I do not at all think he would mind my repeating it -- I am so overwhelmed by this that I need to sit back for a moment and take it all in. Have any of you ever been stunned? I mean it in the truest sense. Stunned. I cannot think at the moment; I just know I must post this to let -- once again -- all of you know that I need to get my head together before saying or doing anything else.

It stuns me to realize how much you care about me. It stuns me, and I need to ponder all this. I seem to remember being told -- was it by Mike? -- that someone in Los Angeles wants to contact me. I will respond, but give me a moment, please. And, Michael_K_Sr, please also give me the same little bit of time. It is but for the simple reason I am overwhelmed -- but overwhelmed in the best, best possible way.

My love for each and every single one of you is seared into my heart. I only wish I had a better of way of getting that across.

And, to Cees Alons, I cannot begin to thank you enough. Do you hear me, Cees? I want to travel to Amsterdam some day and meet you in person. How can I ever thank you?

Ron Epstein, you have no idea what you came up with when you and Packy started Home Theater Forum. Thank you for having given me an opportunity to be an administrator here. It was such fun.

Give me some time, folks. Let me take all this -- your love -- in. I will post again when I get me wits about me. Please understand. I have not been this happy in a long, long time.

Yours with the greatest humility and honor,

Jack Briggs

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Jack, you should check with your bank tomorrow. Odds are pretty good the test transactions will be complete and you can verify the PayPal account. Should be no later than Thursday.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I am back, John, but I am still stunned, too stunned to sound any more rational than this. And this is just me mumbling on the Internet, sounding the way I am: dazed and overwhelmed.

As I said in my previous post, there are even donations that I am unable to access for the simple reason of the account not being verified yet. Only decorum keeps me from saying what all the people of Home Theater Forum have so kindly -- beyond kindly -- have made available to me.

To wit: My sole concern prior to this had been just what I was going to do once I returned to Nashville, given a couple of general relief payments (one for a Greyhound ticket and another for a cheap room). Now I have some time as a result of your help. And time, when you're homeless, is both what you have not enough of yet too much of.

The clock, because of you, ticks more kindly for me now.

But I am still overwhelmed. So, as I stated before, I need to take it all in. I am sleepy because of what I see in that Paypal account -- that is what happens to me when I am overwhelmed for either good or bad. Luckily -- well, not luck, but simply the good fortune of knowing you all -- this state of being overwhelmed is for the good.

Give me time, folks, a day or two, so that I can get on with the show or returning to the state that gave you me. Why was I ever so reluctant to tell anyone that I came from Tennessee?

I will post again tomorrow, when I am more rational. And I know you all understand.

Your friend,

Jack Briggs

(And Mike Frezon: I believe my signature post did have the copyright text below the title 2001: A Space Odyssey!)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Jack Briggs said:
(And Mike Frezon: I believe my signature post did have the copyright text below the title 2001: A Space Odyssey!)
Yeah, I think it did.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jack Briggs said:
Hello there, good people of Home Theater Forum:
.........................I want to travel to Amsterdam some day

Jack Briggs

You're welcome, Jack.

You would be following in the steps of your president. Yesterday morning he - literally - came flying over my head, here in Amsterdam (in a helicopter). He visited a museum 700 meters (uhm, 2100 feet, I believe) away from my home.

ObamaNachtwacht.jpg

So of course you're welcome too! :)
(About the mountains and the people meeting... Last year my wife and I were in San Diego, one day I may visit Tennessee. Who knows.)

I'm happy this is all going so well. You may need to take the decision to throw away some keys, though.

Cees

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Cees Alons said:
He visited a museum 700 meters (uhm, 2100 feet, I believe) away from my home.
Did he ask who this Rembrandt guy was, and why his paintings were always so dark? And why did his painting look like a typical gathering of well armed guys here in Boise?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks