What's new

This is for the Todds in the world" I HAD A DREAM, I DIED AND WENT TO AN AV STORE" (1 Viewer)

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Yes!!!!!!! They had everything in stock at cost. The Yamaha 9200, Denon 9803, Onkyo 1989, Sony 19es, HK 9000, JVC 79, and the new Marantz 999999999. Yes in the center of the rack was a 999999999# Marantz rcvr with 24K gold plated circuit boards , 1000 watts per channel, and jumpered amps on all 10 channels. Plus pre in and pre out. Dolby 10 and 10.1 discrete with assignable amps. An additional 2000 watt sub amp was built into the unit. 15 source with 15 room setup and a built in 2000 watt 10 channel 70 volt amp. A 20,000 band equalizer was built in for each channel as well as a 500 band crossover. A+B+C+D speaker terminals for all 10 amps with gold screw down cannon plugs were mounted on a flip up panel so you could get to your connections from the front. It came with a voice actuated menu with a 112" SVGA monitor / oscilloscope/flat wall mount TV that continuously displayed the audio spectrum and level for every channel. In addition it had a BORG feature that would let you separate all 10 amps and pre amps with a series of latches. The case was crystal clear so you could see everything inside which glistened with gold. The unit was mounted in a clear roll around rack with the 112" monitor to hang on the wall. The price was $563,973. But the salesman came up and said, " take it home for 12 months and give us a review for free, we disparately need a review". As I was attempting to roll it out the door, 5 beautiful, strong, blond, tall, Swedish ladies grabbed the rcvr and carried it to the truck and said they were there to set it up for me. While looking at the back of the rvr I noticed it said on the back " Assembled and assimilated by Yamaha, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, Onkyo, Denon, and HK in Japan, and subcomponants made in the USA, Germany, Japan, Holland, Sweden and lifetime free exchange" :D :D :D :D :D
I'll work some more on this later, or you can finish it!

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
6 months later when 11.3 and dplIII version come out an unauthorized e-tailer will be selling it for $550 , of course we will come to find out it's because that production run had tons of flaws and the joint mnfgrs won't have to honor the warranty ! ;)
rotflmao

Todd_Michael_R

Stunt Coordinator
Hey! I resent the title of this post :)
For the record, I was a proud owner of a Denon AVR-3802 until last Wednesday when I picked up a used (new to me) Lexicon MC-1 and a Sherbourn 5/1500A.
Anyway, as much as I loved my receiver, I ain't goin' back. But nonetheless, the AVR-3802 kicked major arse when I had it and I would suggest that "other" Todds who are on the fence about it, pick one up (unless, of course, they can find a MINT Lexi MC-1 for $1750). How's that? :D :D :D :D :D
Todd

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
You guys are HARSH!!!:) I know I am riding the fence here, but come on! I have only been researching this stuff for a month which does not seem to long when I read some of the posts that claim research for months'. But your right I do need to make a decision here soon.
Earl,
How do you know about my dreams!;) Every a/v store I go to I hope to have some sort of receiver revelation and be SAVED and REBORN! I have changed my mind so many times I am starting to wonder what I really need and want. Well I am now looking towards the h/k 8000. What a shock! I have changed my thoughts again! I know once I have that audible beauty in my abode that all this research and bs will be funny! I have to admit its not just receivers that I do this with, it is everything. "Hi my name is Todd and I have a perfectionistic problem.":D Well I am done. As always thanks for the support and humor (Earl:) ). You guys make my whole experience more enjoyable. Keep working on that story Earl, but if you ever publish it I would like some of the royalties:emoji_thumbsup: Or at least credit me as the inspiration! Later Guys! Off to audition some paradigm ref 40's and play some guitar in the park on a sunny day!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
ok/ If you are going to spend $1800 for an 8000 with 5 amps, why not spend $250 more and get an 989. 7 X 130 watts.
See how we got to $2000 without a blink. Get the 520 and save your money. Or wait until the 800 and 900 's come out. You are almost in the 4802 price range with an 8000????????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Ps/ I added a few words to the story.

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
The 520 is sounding better and better. But what are the 800 and 900 you are talking about? Are these h/k? The only reason I am hesitating on the 520 is no dd-ex. I would feel much better if I knew I had this.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Onkyo is coming out in the future with their new line up. They have already listed the 500 and 600 and I think the 700?????????????

Check my new edits.

PS/ you don't need 6 channels yet. I thought I did! Most of the stuff is 5.1. Now if you have a huge family room 22 x 24 or larger, then that is a different story. The extra speakers in a large listening area would be nice.

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
This set up will initialy go into a 11.5 x 15.5 and will move to a 12x20 in October. I am not a big fan of the Onkyo sound for 2 chanel, so the h/k is looking good.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Yea! I think 5.1 would be perfect for a room that size and even much larger. My room is larger, but I can not take advantage of 6.1 do to speaker placement and room design. I should have used the 5es as my top end choice and went down from there. The 520 looked good for a quality 5amp unit. I wish the JVC 10 was cheap and available when I decided to make my purchase. It is a great 7 clean amp machine for $918.:D

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Todd! Are you alive?????????????? Buy a quality 5.1 system! It will make you feel better. Don't throw money at a 7 amp system that has a few DVDs to support it.

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Earl!! What's up? Long time no talk!

Well good news. I have made my first purchase with some speakers, so other purchases are soon to follow. I am pretty much set on the 520.

Now I am having a hard time with a tv!!! I need a direct view 4:3 as I will be doing a fair amount of gaming and dont want to risk burn in on a rptv. I like the Hitachi direct view but only one component input! I need 2 atleast. All the other sets with 2 are flat with geometry issues that drive me nuts! Well I'll figure it out here soon. Good hearing from you!

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
The Hitachi's seem to have generous inputs for the money. I got the 61sdx01b and it has loads of inputs. I'm not familiar with their tube line. You are right to want 2 component inputs. Keep looking.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Earl, I know you had a dream about such components, but I'm sure they will be reality soon enough. However, I'm not so sure about the 12-month free review period. ;)
Speaking of dreaming, when is Sony going to come out with an SCD-C9000ES carousel SACD changer that I've been wanting? It will have a gold chassis, the carousel drawer will be metal, not plastic, and the carousel mechanism will be absolutely silent. Plus, the 'C9000ES will be a better CD player than any single-disc model on the planet. It will also weigh 50 lbs. It will have a detachable power cord and balanced outputs. All this will cost you a mere $500. :D
Oh yeah. The stock unit will have a tubed analog output stage, and it will come with the Beatles White Album and Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band hybrid SACDs. :)

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
That reminds me. Sony was the one that put the gold circuits and oscilloscopes on the Marantz 4400 when Superscope division owned and built all marantz rvrs ( 197### to 1980). That unit is still driving a PA system in Homestead FL.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread