This is America, Charlie Brown

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ChrisCook, Mar 1, 2006.

1. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

2. Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez Second Unit

Paramount has historically abused, mistreated, and screwed up the Peanuts animation franchise on DVD, so i wonder if this 2-Disc Set (along with the remastered Snoopy Come Home and A Boy Named CB) is a sign of better things to come for us Peanuts fans? I'd like to see a "Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, The Complete Series" Two-Discer, or Box Sets for the Specials (Akin to what Germany is getting), and remastered releases of Race For Your Life, and Bon Yoyage

3. Jake Yenor

Jake Yenor Stunt Coordinator

"Paramount has historically abused, mistreated, and screwed up the Peanuts animation franchise on DVD, so i wonder if this 2-Disc Set (along with the remastered Snoopy Come Home and A Boy Named CB) is a sign of better things to come for us Peanuts fans? I'd like to see a "Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, The Complete Series" Two-Discer, or Box Sets for the Specials (Akin to what Germany is getting), and remastered releases of Race For Your Life, and Bon Yoyage

It is because of CBS I am thinking. CBS and Paramount have did some shuffling around recently with CBS-TV taking over dvd rights of some properties as Charlie Brown and Star Trek. With Star Trek they started releasing new collections at a fast rat e and then cut the early season sets price in half.

With Charlie Brown they annouced this little set and the first two films.

It looks like CBS is really on the ball with DVD releases, I would not be suprised if we get the rest of the 'Brown films and tv show.

I hope so because I held off on the single disk special sets. [​IMG]

4. Tony S

Tony S Stunt Coordinator

Wouldn't Paramount still controll the films though? I thought CBS only got the rights to the tv shows.

5. Jake Yenor

Jake Yenor Stunt Coordinator

They are doing the films as well for some reason. The DVD's have the CBS logo on them.

6. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    I'm in for all the PEANUT'S releases. Have always loved C.S. and his wonderful world.

Gary "frankly, I didn't expect this to be released so quickly, but I'm very happy about the decision" O.

7. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter