What's new

This has been all fun and games......... (1 Viewer)

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, this has been all fun and games so far at the HTforum while I was on vacation.. but now I'm back at work and this place is going to get me FIRED!!! LOL.

I can't stop READING!! Someone help!!

I'm addicted to this place? Is there any known cure? Since I joined this bad boy a month ago.. I have almost 100 posts and I've spent about 5 grand (just bought my widescreen HDTV last night) and I can't stop!! haha.

You guys are the greatest.. thanks to the owner for putting this forum out there as a means for us to express/endulge (sp?) our addictions!

Jim

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Did you get your zeros yet?
How did the polks sell?
Have the sub?
What TV? Is it set up? How much? Worth it?
Here comes the boss........:angry:

DanaA

Screenwriter
Ha, well Jim, it looks like you and I are blood brothers. I've become addicted just like you. At first, I just wanted a DVD (my first), but one thing led to another and now I have a 2 new DVD's, a new receiver, new front and center channels, a new sub, and, like you, just bought my first HDTV. I got the new Mitsubishi 55" with HD tuner built in and IEEE 1393 firewire. So far, all of this has gone into my bedroom. Now, as to how you deal with this, you just have to check your self into a rehab center and do it now!!! I understand what you're going through and you need intervention. I won't even mention separates here, because I know that would be sick to do and I'm sure that, even though your system is new, you're already thinking of upgrades. Well, aren't you?

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Hahaha.. i feel your pain ! ;)
I havn't even put the new system together so not thinking of upgrades just yet.. but I'm sure I will be!
Colin,
zeroes should be in any day now, polks are up to 400 so that is sweet, ends tomorow. I got the Proscan 38000 it's a 38" widescreen HDTV (built in HDTV and direct tv receiver), direct view. The picture was absolutly fabulous!
That comes in tomorow.. I'm off to the Rat Shack now for lunch to pick up my OTA antenna.. multi switch and another 18" dish!! I'm so pysched!! :)
Oh, and don't forget Fast and Furious!!!!!!
What REALLY sucks is I'm on business in San Diego all next week.. I'll come home to like 5 boxes of all my equipment! My 898 should be in anyday and I also ordered the Super Center so I can use the other 2 zeroes as my 7.1 channels. I'm so addicted ;)
Off to lunch.. !!! :)

Kyle_W

Agent
just a side not:

this is a great place and i love how everyone responds to everything and tries to always be helping out, most other boards people just go to get help not to give out advice as well

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
I definitely am in the same situation; within the past 45 days, I have acquired an HDTV (61"), new 797 receiver, new Celestial speakers, new bose speakers, now new Klipsch speakers, new ps dvd----the list is endless; everyday I think about something else I really NEED to have; this place is great for information and for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks