What's new

This Forum Is To Big!!!!! To Many Posts! (1 Viewer)

Joe_Brown

Auditioning
guys this forum is to big, u post something, and 5 min later, its on the 2nd page......

and most of the time u get no replies

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
You should have seen this forum a few years ago when all the posts were together in one area. At least now they have it separated into different areas.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
So.......what? You want the forum owners and administrators to limit the number of threads we can add per day? Overall not a good idea in my opinion. Though if we could somehow stop people from posting 3 new threads about (but not limited to) "what is better optical or coax" almost everyday that might help. :) And perhaps at the top of each page in BIG BOLD letters something saying "This forum offers a search function!!!!" That may help to. While I don't disagree with your point Joe, I think that unless strict guidelines were put in place and enforced there is not much to be done. I'm sure the admins already have their hands full with the current rules and people that insist on breaking them. Not to mention their personal lives. Just do like the rest of us do if you haven't had a reply to your thread. Reply yourself and bring it back to the top. :)
Happy New Year,
Dan Hine

PaulKH

Second Unit
Joe - I agree, it's gotten ridiculous. That's why I recommended in the forum suggestions that this giant forum get split into components, DVDs, TVs, etc.

Michael Cook

Stunt Coordinator
I like it. I post a question, go to the bathroom, come back and I have 3 replies!!!

Does everyone here mind if someone bumps a topic back to the top?? Or does that tick people off?

David Head

Second Unit
Paul,

That's why I recommended in the forum suggestions that this giant forum get split into components, DVDs, TVs, etc.
I've got to disagree with this. I prefer it the way it is. The TVs were already split out and I don't want to have to go to different areas to scan for the same information found in this area. It isn't hard to scan through the new posts with color coded folders IMO...

David

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>We have a forum feedback section for this, but you're too late. They are already working on it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Does everyone here mind if someone bumps a topic back to the top?? Or does that tick people off?
It ticks a small group of people called the Moderators off!

Discussion about changing the structure of the board has been going on between the Moderating Staff for months now, once we were started looking at getting a new server and possibly going back to VB software. The final change in structure is still being discussed.

Crawdaddy

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Try posting a question on one of the main forums at AnandTech. It can be gone from the first page within an hour!!!
And as Robert said, no 'bumps' please. If nobody is answering then perhaps you're not giving enough information or not phrasing the question very clearly. I actually delete 'bump' posts if I see several of them together.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
The two areas that I get tired of....

1) Folks who do not search for their answers first. How many times do you see the same questions being answered over and over again. I respect members that have the patience to repost/paste their answers each time. I don't have the patience...maybe it's because I have a four year old and spend the rest of my day saying the same thing over and over again.

2) I love SVsubwoofers...but I'm tired of the questions (and to some degree the reviews of products that have been out for over a year). Why would someone post a question for Ron or Tom here and not direct it to the the SVS email? They do an amazing job of getting back to you with an answer.

Sorry for the rant....I got a speeding ticket going 8 miles over the limit going downhill.

Happy Holidays and Humbug

Ron

PS: Ban all BOSE comments and questions. I think a large percentage are trolls who come out to play (stir things up).

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The upside to the HTF being big is that our voice is being heard. Remember the no-widescreen Willy Wonka debacle? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks