This Forum Is To Big!!!!! To Many Posts!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe_Brown, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Joe_Brown

Joe_Brown Auditioning

guys this forum is to big, u post something, and 5 min later, its on the 2nd page......

and most of the time u get no replies

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    You should have seen this forum a few years ago when all the posts were together in one area. At least now they have it separated into different areas.

3. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

So.......what? You want the forum owners and administrators to limit the number of threads we can add per day? Overall not a good idea in my opinion. Though if we could somehow stop people from posting 3 new threads about (but not limited to) "what is better optical or coax" almost everyday that might help. [​IMG] And perhaps at the top of each page in BIG BOLD letters something saying "This forum offers a search function!!!!" That may help to. While I don't disagree with your point Joe, I think that unless strict guidelines were put in place and enforced there is not much to be done. I'm sure the admins already have their hands full with the current rules and people that insist on breaking them. Not to mention their personal lives. Just do like the rest of us do if you haven't had a reply to your thread. Reply yourself and bring it back to the top. [​IMG]
    Happy New Year,
    Dan Hine

4. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

Joe - I agree, it's gotten ridiculous. That's why I recommended in the forum suggestions that this giant forum get split into components, DVDs, TVs, etc.

5. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

That's why you have to visit this forum at least twice a day :p)

6. Michael Cook

Michael Cook Stunt Coordinator

I like it. I post a question, go to the bathroom, come back and I have 3 replies!!!

Does everyone here mind if someone bumps a topic back to the top?? Or does that tick people off?

7. David Head

David Head Second Unit

Paul,

8. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

We have a forum feedback section for this, but you're too late. They are already working on it.

Glenn

9. Jim_C

Jim_C Cinematographer

>>We have a forum feedback section for this, but you're too late. They are already working on it.

10. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert

11. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Try posting a question on one of the main forums at AnandTech. It can be gone from the first page within an hour!!!
    And as Robert said, no 'bumps' please. If nobody is answering then perhaps you're not giving enough information or not phrasing the question very clearly. I actually delete 'bump' posts if I see several of them together.

12. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

The two areas that I get tired of....

1) Folks who do not search for their answers first. How many times do you see the same questions being answered over and over again. I respect members that have the patience to repost/paste their answers each time. I don't have the patience...maybe it's because I have a four year old and spend the rest of my day saying the same thing over and over again.

2) I love SVsubwoofers...but I'm tired of the questions (and to some degree the reviews of products that have been out for over a year). Why would someone post a question for Ron or Tom here and not direct it to the the SVS email? They do an amazing job of getting back to you with an answer.

Sorry for the rant....I got a speeding ticket going 8 miles over the limit going downhill.

Happy Holidays and Humbug

Ron

PS: Ban all BOSE comments and questions. I think a large percentage are trolls who come out to play (stir things up).

13. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

The upside to the HTF being big is that our voice is being heard. Remember the no-widescreen Willy Wonka debacle? [​IMG]

14. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul