This can't be legit? (re:Up The Creek)..

Discussion in 'DVD' started by todd s, May 19, 2004.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I was looking for the video on ebay. And noticed a guy selling the movie on dvd. He says it is an import. To follow the rules I am not giving a link. But, this cannot be legit? And why I am on the subject. Where is this movie?!?

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Assuming I found the same auction you're talking about, the total lack of any technical information or studio logos in the picture of the cover immediately set off all sorts of red flags. Plus he gives no information about where this "rare import" comes from, enabling no one to confirm its legitimacy.

Homemade bootleg is my guess.

3. JulianK

JulianK Supporting Actor

As far as I'm aware, it's not legally available on DVD anywhere in the world, but it will be sometime soon.

Check out this entry from my Hammer on DVD Guide.

---------------------------------------

Up The Creek

Navy comedy, featuring Peter Sellers and David Tomlinson. 83m. Scope. Available in VHS in the US. Was available in the UK in the mid-80s, from Walton Video. The film and its sequel, Further Up The Creek, have been optioned for UK DVD release by DD Video, and should be available early in 2004. The disc should include a video interview with director Val Guest.

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Julian,

We are talking about a different movie. The one we are discussing is fromt the 80's and starred Tim Matheson and Stephen(Flounder) Furst. It was about of college guys competing in a river rafting race. Kinda of like Race for your life Charlie Brown but with cursing and nudity. [​IMG]

5. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

If I recall, wasn't it one of the series of Mad Magazine movies that attempted to duplicate the success of National Lampoon?

6. JosephJohnson

Eric,

You're thinking of "UP THE ACADEMY." A very surreal Bob Downey film that was loosely connected to Mad Magazine.