What's new

Thirteen Days (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

post-269895-0-37620100-1379741938.jpeg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Last edited by a moderator:

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
One of the best films ever about the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962...I LIVED through the events of this movie as a terrified 6-year-old, certain we were on the way to WW3 or a nuclear confrontation with Soviet-era Russia. Bruce Greenwood was brilliant as JFK, and Steven Culp equally so as his brother Bobby...thanks for the pre-order link, Ron!!!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Even though Costner doesn't quite work for me in this film, I still love it. Ordered via link.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Johnny Angell said:
Even though Costner doesn't quite work for me in this film, I still love it. Ordered via link.
Why not? He's not playing a Kennedy or any other publicly well known figure.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Robert Crawford said:
I didn't find his accent authentic. I kept thinking that's Costner acting. Greenwood and Culp weren't that well known. It was easier to buy into their performances. I think I tend to allow more leeway when an actor is playing a famous person. But Costner was always Costner with a bad accent. IMHO, of course. Daniel Day Lewis didn't need any slack. He WAS Lincoln.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Robert Crawford said:
He attempts, not at all successfully, to sport a Boston accent. Compared to his, the one Rob Morrow used for QUIZ SHOW is nearly flawless. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dick said:
He attempts, not at all successfully, to sport a Boston accent. Compared to his, the one Rob Morrow used for QUIZ SHOW is nearly flawless. :)
It's not like that hasn't happen beforehand to many other fine films in which actor's accents aren't quite up to snuff. I think the list is much longer than many of us realize because it keeps on growing year after year.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Robert Crawford said:
It's not like that hasn't happen beforehand to many other fine films in which actor's accents aren't quite up to snuff. I think the list is much longer than many of us realize because it keeps on growing year after year.
Yes, but when I'm watching a film, I don't care what's happened in other films, I care about the film I'm watching. Costner wasn't right for the part, IMHO. Despite that, I still like the film very much. I'm plunking down my dollars for it. No higher praise can I give it. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Johnny Angell said:
Yes, but when I'm watching a film, I don't care what's happened in other films, I care about the film I'm watching. Costner wasn't right for the part, IMHO. Despite that, I still like the film very much. I'm plunking down my dollars for it. No higher praise can I give it. :)
I'm not trying to be argumentative and you're welcome to your opinion.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Okee dokee. BTW, I agree that the list is long. I can't help myself. I'd put Costner on the list for Robin Hood, for the lack of an accent. :)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Robert Crawford said:
I agree that there have been innumerable bad attempts at accents in films. My comments on this thread have to do with THIRTEEN DAYS. Costner is simply wrong for this movie. Otherwise, it's quite a terrific movie.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dick said:
I agree that there have been innumerable bad attempts at accents in films. My comments on this thread have to do with THIRTEEN DAYS. Costner is simply wrong for this movie. Otherwise, it's quite a terrific movie.
No further comment!

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508