Third Rock From The Sun

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe D, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

I just recently started watching the show, Third Rock From The Sun, and I must say that it is absolutely hilarious. I laugh out loud for the entire 30 minutes, which never happens.
    John Lithgow is extremely hilarious. I hope someday I'm like that [​IMG]
    I love the writing on the show.
    So I'm just wondering, anybody else out here a fanatic of the show?

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

This show is up there with Friends and a few other comedy shows as my least favorite ever.

3. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

3rd Rock can be terribly funny at times, and I agree that the cast and the writing were usually quite good. Yet, I can really only take it in small doses. Once or twice a week at most (and it used to be on 4 or 5 times a day here). I'm not sure what it is, but I think it may just be the stupidity of it all.

4. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Lithgow is incredibly gifted. He can make your laugh one moment and then scare the heck out of you the next. His range is amazing. It's too bad 3RFTS never really found an audience. It's probably b/c NBC kept bumping its timeslot every 1/2 season. The way they ended the show was pretty lame imo. They could have made it great. Still, I watch it over from time to time (it's on my HD)...

Far above ... the something something ... =)

5. MikeAW

MikeAW Second Unit

It's a bit too much over the top, as they say, but in small doses it's enjoyable. I still don't enjoy that French guy with the sweater thingy he's got going.

It's interesting to see how some of the production elements that are used to manipulate the viewing audience. To me, the level of the audio track, coupled with the louder voices of some of the actors, in certain instances, seems to be juiced up, to drive home the dialogue, and heighten one's attention to the action. Sometimes this is more evident to me, when there isn't anything interesting said.

See also when the music track that's used.

Lithgow is great, and the show provides a great showcase for him to "take off" as an actor. The enjoyment he has in his role shows on his face and in his acting. He has that "edge" quality in any role he plays, and is never disappointing.

6. John Rockwell

John Rockwell Auditioning

I love it. Me and my brother are always late for work, because they show it at 4:30 am here. Great show. Wonder if it will ever come to DVD?

7. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

Well, I'm glad that they're are some out here that like it as well. I wish that I would have gotten into it sooner. I'm hoping that it will someday make its way to DVD.

8. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

I think that this show is funny. I watch it at 11 every night. Too bad it was cancelled.