Thinking of Putting Together a Home Theatre System

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JonBrasher, Sep 21, 2005.

1. JonBrasher

JonBrasher Auditioning

I am going to try home theatre after not so good results in car audio. Right now I'm wanting to start collecting items. I have in mind a Denon 1905 or something in the same class and price range. I really like Paradigm Mini Montiors so i think i will use them as fronts for now. I need a new DVD player because my Sony DV-360 doesn't play new DVDs well and i might try dvd audio if it is worth the money. It hangs on brand new discs i have tried cleaning the laser. It plays DVDs i make at home flawlessly. But i need a new one i dont' have an HDTV now but in the near future i might get one. Is this a good start? I will eventually get surrounds center and sub. Has anyone had experience with Boston Acoustic home theater stuff?

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

What's the budget. We can recommend a system ranging from 300.00 to thousands. Also as to video, what t.v. you are using?

3. JonBrasher

JonBrasher Auditioning

I would like to keep the receiver in the $300-500 give or take. I think the mini monitors are $400/pair so anything in that price range. I don't much about the dvd players that do super audio cds but around $200-$250 for that if it exists. I have a 24" SONY WEGA right now no component inputs just S video and RCA.