What's new

Thinking of Putting Together a Home Theatre System (1 Viewer)

JonBrasher

Auditioning
I am going to try home theatre after not so good results in car audio. Right now I'm wanting to start collecting items. I have in mind a Denon 1905 or something in the same class and price range. I really like Paradigm Mini Montiors so i think i will use them as fronts for now. I need a new DVD player because my Sony DV-360 doesn't play new DVDs well and i might try dvd audio if it is worth the money. It hangs on brand new discs i have tried cleaning the laser. It plays DVDs i make at home flawlessly. But i need a new one i dont' have an HDTV now but in the near future i might get one. Is this a good start? I will eventually get surrounds center and sub. Has anyone had experience with Boston Acoustic home theater stuff?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
What's the budget. We can recommend a system ranging from 300.00 to thousands. Also as to video, what t.v. you are using?

JonBrasher

Auditioning
I would like to keep the receiver in the $300-500 give or take. I think the mini monitors are $400/pair so anything in that price range. I don't much about the dvd players that do super audio cds but around $200-$250 for that if it exists. I have a 24" SONY WEGA right now no component inputs just S video and RCA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks