Thinking of purchasing a Mits 65413 and looking for comments.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by TerryHub, Jan 24, 2004.

1. TerryHub

TerryHub Stunt Coordinator

First I have only owned Mitsubishi TVs. I currently have a ~5 year old Mits 55" 4:3. The picture is great and the TV has been flawless. The unfortunate thing is that the upgrade bug has bitten me good.

Over the last year I have been looking at all the different technologies (LCD, DLP, Plasma, and CRT) of RPTVs. While I do agree that all the technologies have their high and low points, I have decided that a good old CRT is going to work for my purposes. I have also decided I want the largest TV for my budget. This brings me to what I beleive should be my purchase:

1. 65" 16:9 RPTV
    2. Black color (or as close as possible)
    3. All the current latest connections (component, DVI, etc.)

I looked at the Mits 65413 today with the intention of possibly purchasing. Unfortunately the place that had it running in their showroom had the worst Direct TV signal possible running to it. High-def looked good and standard looked stunningly horrible. It wasn't until we switched it to normal attenna that the picture looked respectable for standard-def. This scared me off enough not to lay down the $2,800.00.

What I'm looking for is any comments from those that either own one of these units, similar Mits model, or have compared them and purchased another brand.

Thanks.

2. TerryHub

Since no one responded, I purchased a Pioneer Elite PRO-730HD today. Features are incredible and I got it for half price on closeout.

In case anyone cares...

3. ChrisYK

ChrisYK Stunt Coordinator

Terry,

I'd be interested to read your impressions once you got things tweaked to your liking. Pics would be great too... [​IMG]

4. TerryHub

Chris-

Will do.

5. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons Auditioning

How did you Elite turn out?