What's new

Thinking of constructing my own foosball table...has anyone done this? (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I had so much success making my own poker table, I figure a foosball table shouldn't be too hard...just get the right wood, maybe some PVC pipe for the spindles, put some grips on them, etc. I'm undecided as to what I should use for the actual players, but you get the idea.

Has anyone done this, or is anyone aware of any plans/blueprints out there on the internet? Thanks!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
It sounds like a great idea, although can you get PVC piping that is very thin or maybe even solid but light. As far as men, if you're a real handy woodcraftmen it would be awesome to make but I imagine you might even be able to buy them as parts from someplace and do everything else DIY.

I wonder what the tables use, bushings or bearings. You can get cartridge bearings for the rods from machine shops or even perhaps bike stores since we use cartridge bearings in places like hubs (versus the older cup and cone style). But you obviously have to allow for lateral movement which the bike doesn't have to deal with (only rotational).

Let us know how it goes, sounds like a fun project.

Jay

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Most tables use bearings. You can buy individual parts (rods, guys, playfield etc.) and make the actual case yourself. I have a Tornado table, and that's what the vast majority of bars and competitive players use around here. The quality is excellent and it plays very well. But the individual parts would cost a few hundred bucks, at least.
All depends on how serious a player you are. Anything will be an improvement over those $100 tables they sell at Costco and the like! :)
Cool project, keep us updated on it's status! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks