What's new

Thinking of buying Sony KDSR60XBR1 is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

I was just wondering what everyone thought of the Sony KDSR60XBR1 HDTV. Ive got the money saved up and am ready to a new TV. Is this TV a good choice or is there another one that I should keep my eyes on.

Thanks for the Info.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Well, I have the 50" model, and it's one of the best projection TVs I've seen. The only thing I've been disappointed with are the number of inputs, and the PC display. There are 2 HDMI inputs and 2 component inputs on the set, which should be enough for most people, but the Xbox had to get bumped to a composite connection when I got the 360 (since my DVD player uses the other input). More HDMI inputs might be needed in the future as well. Both of these problems are solved with external video switchers down the line though, and I don't think you're going to do much better on any TVs. As for the PC problem, the VGA input can only accept resolutions up to 1280x1024. I've seen results online for people using PowerStrip, but the best solution seems to be connecting a PC via a DVI->HDMI cable, which I've tried with a lot more success.

Go into a store and look at this set next to another RPTV though, and you'll see the difference. I'd have gone for the 60 myself if I'd had the room for it, but given the space it's in, the 50 is big enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks