What's new

Thinking about Surround (1 Viewer)

Keith J

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I can I have a dedicated Home Theater this is my second one in two houses I have built. In my last Theater I noticed a harsh sound when I would turn it up moderately loud and the over all tonality was very bright. When I decided to purchase the ATI knowing that they can sound a little bright just as Bryston can at times I decided to have the electrician put in a 20 amp circuit well to be truthful I have no top end glare with the amps anymore when I turn it up loud it just gets loud and does not fall apart the ATI is smooth on the surround channels and controls my speakers with authority the Aragon is even more detailed I had heard systems that could sound smooth and wondered what was the trick power was to me a snake oil type thing after all the components are made to work on a 15amp circuit right well yes but at peaks for a temporary moment you can draw quite a bit more power if you don't have the reserve it will translate into a harser sound over all I know what you are thinking but it convinced me after I heard the difference mind you I have never heard the different power conditioners that are on the market but in my opinion it works with a 20 amp circuit after all the ATI has 3 transformers and the Aragon in a dual mono block design that is a lot of power in loud passages of music and movies rather than spend thousands of dollars on those boutique style power conditioner if you can try it you still have a 20 amp circuit even if you don't think it makes a different in case you purchase one of those monster amps that need one. :)

Nick Bum

Stunt Coordinator
Wow you guys have amazing set ups. Im a college student with welthy parents and I make money working for a congressman but not nearley enough to cover this hobby. I love the 906 speakers and I got a Pioneer VSX-1014 just the other day to power my speakers better than my sony did. But this Pioneer is doing a much better job but I think next year it will be traded in for something a bit diffrent. Im going to have to build this system real slow but the stero imniging is amazing for now. I love them. Thanks for the help guys. Im not going to be able to get the center for a good while prob next christmas but thanks guys.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
Nick,
You got to start some place.

You said that you might trade the pioneer in for something different. I think you are ready for the trip to separates. If I can suggest something, I say keep the pioneer and get a dedicated 2 or 3 channel amp to run your L/R or L/C/R. When I first started down my road I was using a denon 3300 as a receiver. I was looking for something better since I had heard better at the store I used to go to. My guy said that I should just get an external amp. Thats what I did and I was floored by the change. I got the 5b-st first and ran my front three speakers off of it. Then I got the 4b-st and put that on the front L/R and moved the 5b to center and surround. Then after that was done I got my krell. Then I started my speaker wire and interconnects upgrade. The system I have know took years to build. I suggest either get a two and then three channel amp or a 5 channel one. Then once your amps are set you can get a dedicated pre amp. Trust me the change will be incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks