Thinking about PSB Stratus Silver I's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Adams, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I originally posted this in the seperates section. Don't know why I did that. Anyway. I am very interested in the PSB Stratus Silver I's. I had the Stratus Silvers years ago and loved them. I heard that the new I's are alot better. I am totally sold on PSB products. There dollar to performance ratio is amazing. I have listened to speakers that cost 3 times that of PSB and did not think they sounded as good. Anyway right now I am using the Image 6t's for my mains and an old Stratus C-5 without the aluminum dome tweeter. What initially sparked my interest in the Silver I's is that I wanted to upgrade my center channel. The c-5 is okay but a little thin for vocals and soundstage plus I really like the detailed sound of their aluminum dome tweeter. I was going to replace the c-5 with the Image C-9 but would feel like I am downgrading instead of upgrading. So what I am really interested in is the c-6 I. My dilemma is I want to keep my sounstage up front as uniform as possible. Will adding the C-6i with my Image 6t's mess that up? Or should I look into the Startus Silver i's for my mains? Is the difference between the Image line and Stratus line woth the extra money? Thanks!

2. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Hello? Anyone out there today? I need some help.

3. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

HI Jeff. I would listen to both if possible. If not, I would go with the matching center for whatever speaker that you're using up front. If your present pair of speakers are good enough and make you happy, then just get the center for them. If not, go the upgrade route and see what returns you get.

Good Luck

4. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

I was really doing some critical listening to my Image 6t's last night and am very happy with them. I am going to stick with them. I would really like the Silver i's but can't justify spending more money when I have only had these for 6 months and am very happy with them. I am just goig to buy the Image 9C center channel to go along with them.

5. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

I can't speak for the original PSB Stratus Silvers, but I auditioned the PSB Stratus Silveri against several other speakers such as the Paradigm Reference Studio series and the Dynaudio Audience series, and found that I liked the Silvers better than any of the others. Then I heard the Goldi's and finally bought those instead [​IMG]