What's new

Thinking about getting a dlp or lcd (1 Viewer)

david kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
If any of you guys read my last few posts you know that my tv broke down. Since it did i plan to have it fixed but i am thinking about getting another rptv thinking about the Sammy 50 inch or the Hitachi 60 inch lcd. My question is where is a good place to buy where i can get a half way decent deal i have been looking on line but some of the online stores that have good prices have bad customer ratings. If anyone knows some places please let me know. I am planning to buy begining of 2004 jan or feb. As of now im planning on buying the tv from Circuit City or ABT.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
watch apex.com for good deals

Also, one call.com seems to take care of online customers pretty well.

MikewL

Grip
Be careful buying on-line. I was totally convinced that the 61" Sammy DLP was the tv for me after doing tons of reasearch and watching several of my friends 50" DLPs for hours. But as soon as I got it in my house - RAINBOWS everywhere.

I was very glad I bought from CC. They ordered my Hitachi and let me keep the DLP 'til it came in, over 4 weeks later. It was worth the extra $'s I paid.

Tien_N

Agent
If you want, check out UEC Web Inc, they carry the 55" DLP (Digital Light Processing) HDTV Monitor/Projection TV with matching Stand SP55D and spare bulb for $2399 !!!!
(note: original price for TV is $7999)

They are authorized refurb Hitachi dealers but The best thing? this TV isn't refurb and comes with the 1yr warranty. The TV ships directly from the Hitachi warehouse too. I was skeptic at first but i called 800-hitachi and they comfirmed the online site was a legit refurb dealer so I ordered my 32" Hitachi plasma TV there at an unvbelievable price. ONly takes 3-5 days for the TV to arrive at your door and set up included with the shipping. Hope this helps....

david kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
Tien_n I have never heard of this tv it sounds great wish it was lighter though. Thanks for the info this site is great.

david kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
I did some research on the HItachi dlp and it seems they've had some problems with burnout of the bulbs. Also no dvi input.

John Doh

Stunt Coordinator
I love the Sammy DLP screens, and have not witnessed the first rainbow efeect others talk about. It really depends on the viewer and what he knows to look for. However, I recommend against the LCD because of motion blur effects. It really takes away from picture quality when objects are moving very quickly across the screen.

MikewL

Grip
As it has been pointed out on this forum and others many times: it's all subjective. Do your homework and spend lots of time watching the various technologies using many different sources. Pick the TV whose flaws are least noticeable to you. Every technology out there has a list of problems; don't kid yourself by thinking you can find the Grail of TV's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks