What's new

Thinking about cleaning my Tosh TW40X81 (1 Viewer)

David_Bl

Grip
After reading several posts on the forum, I'm wondering if my Tosh optics could use a cleaning. I haven't noticed anything wrong, but I've had the set for almost 2 years.

I've read the tips on the keohi site. I've got Monday off. I'm a computer geek, and I spend a lot of time in my computer. But I don't tweak TV's.

Is this something I can do myself?

I'm afraid that I might knock the geometry out of whack, or screw up the convergence, or something. I'm fairly certain I can get the screen on and off ok, and can wipe the optics. But I don't want to find out after I'm done that you need to reconverge the set, or some other "gotcha" that I'm not comfortable with.

Thanks for any advice.

David

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Cleaning shouldn't affect geometry or convergence. Just be careful not to scratch the lenses or mirror.

More advanced tweaks (such as adjusting focus) can affect geometry/convergence but it can be corrected in the set's service menu.

KJP

Michael_V

Second Unit
Do NOT use glass cleaner on the mirror! The mylar finish will melt away, like the face on Whistler's Mother.
Do NOT use a damp cloth on the mirror, you will spend hours and hours trying to get the streaks off, and still be worse off than you were before.
And for the love of humanity, BE CAREFUL IN THERE! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks