What's new

Thinking about buying Wreckless? Don't bother! (1 Viewer)

Brian_J

Second Unit
I am easy to please but this is one of the worst games I've ever played on any platform. Truly, truly horrendous gameplay is the only way to describe it. Thank goodness I got it for only $35. I can probably sell it on Half.com for about the same price.

Brian

Chris Mannes

Stunt Coordinator
I'd have to disagree.

It's one of my favorite Xbox games. I've currently beat every mission, but I enjoy going back and using different cars on each of the missions.

Plus the tank is great fun.

I'll admit when I first got it the play control was a little hard to get used to, but after 3 missions are so, I really started to enjoy the game.

So I guess it's not for everyone, but I like it.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I like the game also. It's good mindless fun that can be enjoyed in 10 minute spurts, or longer if you have the time. The graphics are the best I have ever seen. Once you play for a half hour the control becomes a non-issue. The game is far from perfect but I give it 8 out of 10.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
This is one of those games that when you start you inititally appreciate the graphics and as you start playing you will say that it is bad. Sure the controls are loose on the first couple of cars but as you unlock more cars you will soon see that this is a very cool game. The characters and cutscenes are VERY STUPID in my opinion but they aren't important to the game. Ultimately this game can be a fast paced game of driving demolition but as you find more missions like taking photos from your car on the pier you will find that the missions are more varied and quite challenging.

So is this game the next big thing? is it a must own? No, but if you don't give it a chance you will see there is more to this game than meets the eye. I almost didn't.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
To each their own.
I found this game to be yet another Xbox tech demo. Shrek looked fantabulous and, even though I personally didn't play it, my GF's kid hated it. Said the game sucked but looked great. Even Bloodwake was a letdown for me. Nice water effects. How 'bout putting a game in there somewhere?
Wreckless, I thought, graphics wise; put even the mighty Gran Turismo to utter shame. Blew it away. I just thought that the gameplay was horrendously shallow and repetitive. Didn't do jack for me.
But, I have LOTS of hope for my favorite big ugly black and green monster of a console. When I see "off the chart" graphics, like in Wreckless, I just imagine what the games will be like when someone fuses graphics like that with a racing sim like Gran Turismo.
Kind of like how Halo luckily didn't end up being a gorgeous Daikatana! :D

Dan Clark

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having a great time playing it. Currently stuck on the water tunnel mission. Great graphics (esp. the replays) and gameplay for me. YMMV of course. Regards, Dan

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I myself only had a chance to play for a few minutes at my friend's house, but I was thoroughly impressed with the graphics and how fun it was.

However, my friend who owned the game was not; he returned it over the weekend.

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Add my name to the list of happy 'Wreckless' owners. I admit, it's not the greatest game but it's FUN which is important.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I didn't like it either! I got through four or five missions, and although there are variable missions, it still got very old, very fast. TOXM tells you that you may simply go off and explore the city. Wrong! As soon as you go off the wrong way, it stops you and takes you back closer to your mission at hand. I hate playing anything against a timer. This game just felt to "Streetfighter 2"'ish with the announcer and "cartoony" gameplay.
Way too much hype for so little gameplay.
It was like this game was targeted for a ten-year-old.
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks