Thinking about a Toshiba 50A62... I would appreciate any feedback

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Pete Walker, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Pete Walker

Pete Walker Agent

Hey all...

I saw this TV for $999 from Bestbuy with free shipping. I currently have a 36" RCA, which is giving me on and off problems. The sound sometimes just cuts out, and I have to turn the tv off/on to "fix" it. Also, once in a blue moon, I get a grey screen, but with audio. Leaving it off for a while "fixes" it.

I certainly have the room for this TV, but I was looking for any feedback from any owners, or people "in the know" regarding this set.

My signal is DirecTV, and once in a blue moon I use cable.

I am currently doing my own research on this, but in the meantime I would greatly appreciate anyone who could offer some insight into this TV. The pros/cons, perhaps models that are close in price, etc.

Thank you all so very much. Have a great day.

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    My sister has this set and she seems pretty happy with it. Frankly I would not buy a 4:3 set again but that is just me. So, if you're going to be watching mainly broadcast TV and not get into HD anytime soon, then I say go for it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum Pete.

3. Pete Walker

Pete Walker Agent

Thanks for the reply. However, since being on the forum, I'm now looking into projectors, as an alternative. I'm trying to find out if the picture quality is as good with projectors, as they are with projection sets. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, as my job situation is in flux, I can't see spending the money right now, so this will have to wait until my TV breaks. Hehe it might wait until after then, as well! [​IMG] Have a good one!