What's new

Think you've got a collection? (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
That's nothing.
I'm good friends with a couple of collectors in the UK whose collections dwarf that one, with lots of rare European/Japanese things too.
The Digital Press guy's collection swamps the lot of them.
The Ultimate Game Room

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Wow, what a trip down memory lane. I remember each and every one of those consoles. That Bally Arcade is something you don't see too often. I did not see the Vectrex on the shelf though... maybe it was buried behind all those other things :) oh, is that a supergraphix that I saw??? :D
Where is the Atari 800? I think I saw the Atari 400 in there, which was the same unit basically, but with less features.
Sad thing is, I have probably owned just about all of those systems at one time or another, but never hung on to them. It's nice to know that some people out there did. Maybe they will start a video gaming museum one day.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Less features my backside. The 400 had four joystick ports; when my mate 'upgraded' to the 800XL it went down to two. No more 2-on-2 Asteroids games for us then! It was like a little prequel of the Playstation/N64 arguments, really - yes its a technically superior console in some ways, but you can't beat fourplayer battles for fun.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
OK...I guess I'd be really impressed if they had all those systems hooked up to their TV. :)
I have 5 hooked up to my HT (N64, Dreamcast, PS2, GCN, Xbox) and 4 more hooked up to a secondary television. That's about all I can manage before I get a cable nightmare!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I have a lot of stuff, but there comes a point when you just have too much stuff!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Have to agree with you, Kelley. I sold a bunch of stuff when I moved over here & I seem to have slowly collected more of the last generation stuff. I'd love to start collecting more, but I don't have the space, time or energy to do so. So it won't happen.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I have a dreamcast but find that one racing game is very similar to another racing game and can't justify buying more than 2 or 3 racing games(or any other genre).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
And I thought me having 102 games for the N64, PSX, PS2, DC, and GCN at 16 was good. I've got a lot of catching up to do before I hit my 20s!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And you've got to get at least one vintage console. Having an Atari hooked up to your system gives it class - it shows that you're about more than just the latest thing. :)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Yes, but the 800XL had that nice 'real' style keyboard as opposed to the 400's touch pad style one. Made a huge difference when playing the Zork, or Ultima series. :D
-remember the Big Beige Floppy Disk Drive that cost something like $400.00+ that went with the 400/800? That was probably the first external storage drive I had ever layed eyes on.
:)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Have to agree with you, Kelley. I sold a bunch of stuff when I moved over here & I seem to have slowly collected more of the last generation stuff. I'd love to start collecting more, but I don't have the space, time or energy to do so. So it won't happen.
Kelley & Brian,you are both right.
My collecting of older stuff has almost fallen by the wayside.
But I can't seem to stop myself from buying DC games.
I just bought :
Sports Jam
Seaman
Alien Front Online
Quake III Arena
& a jump pack
All between $5 & $10 each brandy new.
Sometimes I wonder if I need a new hobby.....
Nah....:D
Calvin

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Kelley, I'm sorted on the Japanese front - a Jap Saturn.
Every home should have a European machine ;)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I kinda feel sorry for him, if he played all the way through all those Jaguar games. ;)
-Dave

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I was gonna say something about the Jag games. That's just far too many for one person to own. I bet he's got some doubles in there.

While I am of course impressed by the collections, for a lot of these people I think it's gotten to the point where they are just buying stuff for their collections, just for the sake of owning them. Case in point is the number of Jaguar games, or even the number of XBox games. He can't honestly say he's played all those games and enjoyed them can he?

My collection is small compared to these guys', but I think I'm a little pickier. I only buy games I think are good, or hope will be good, even if they're only $5 a pop. I can't count the number of SNES and Genesis bargin bins I've gone through where I haven't bought anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks