What's new

Things You Wish Will (or Won't) Happen Before You Die (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
We embrace the idea that the creation of wealth does not come from legislative or executive fiat.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I would also like to see:
- Cure / treatment for tinnitus
- Synthetic cervical disc replacements equal to natural discs...or even stem-cell re-growth of original discs.
- Cure for brain cancer

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I forgot one: practical energy producing fusion (cold, hot, or luke warm).

We embrace the idea that the creation of wealth does not come from legislative or executive fiat.

But accept the fact that legislative inaction can wipe it out.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Al.Anderson said:
But accept the fact that legislative inaction can wipe it out.

The corollary to the idea is that it's the lack of inaction that typically destroys the wealth in the first place.

Michael Fennessy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Fennessy
I would like to see:

Humans back on the Moon or on Mars

Teleportation (I hate my commute)

Time Travel be possible but only so that we go to the future, see how we destroy our planet, come back and get our collective heads out of our a**.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Michael Fennessy said:
Time Travel be possible but only so that we go to the future, see how we destroy our planet, come back and get our collective heads out of our a**.
We do have time travel into the future. However, it's mildly limited in it's a one-way affair.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
RobertR said:
The corollary to the idea is that it's the lack of inaction that typically destroys the wealth in the first place.
So maybe this dance is done and a new, non-axe-grinding wish can be posted.

Rule 4 and all that :)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
that we continue our drive into battery electric vehicles, and off our dependence on oil

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
A new form of home entertainment other than televisions, and projectors.
Life like hologram video.

Also cures for all types of cancer, and Alzheimer's disease.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
(Semi-) realistically, hoping for some form of space travel open to ordinary, non-wealthy citizens - would love to be in orbit of the planet, and of course, a trip to the Moon and/or Mars would be amazing.

(Not really possible but would love it anyway) Non-consequential time-travel, in other words, where you could visit the past but not change anything. I wouldn't want to screw up the entire universe, but how many things have there been that we've missed in our lives that would be amazing to experience firsthand? I'd love to see The Band playing with the original lineup, backing Bob Dylan. Or even just one more trip to my favorite Italian restaurant from childhood which has long since been closed. Granted, that's probably a ridiculous waste of a tremendous resource, but if you had tried their gnocchi, you'd feel the same way!

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
1. Constantly Being Stalled would give us the rest of The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction on DVD in their original unedited form.

2. The WSFA recordings of a teenage Hank Williams would be given an official release.

3. (On a serious note) that doctors would be understanding of natural remedies. Between walking, diet and using apple cider vinegar, I have beat diabetes. In spite of way lower blood sugar numbers, doctors still want me on a myriad of medicines.

4. For real country music to be played on the radio again instead of this Luke Bryan/Jason Aldean/Florida Georgia Line nonsense.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Eamus Catuli 0-00-00-000
(For non-Chicagoans - Cubs win it all)

Missing Doctor Who episodes - zero

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks