What's new

Things you were really surprised to hear (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well, day 1 of my XM experience.

I was listening to Fred (channel 44) driving to L.A. on Monday night and I was surprised that he was playing the end title song to the 1988 movie Dragnet. (the one where they throw in quotes from the movie, during the song)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
John,

The great thing about XM radio is that you'll
hear a lot of "oddities" you never imagined you
would.

It is my understanding that the DJs there are told
to keep the channels sounding "fresh" or it could
mean their job.

XM has a far wider playlist and song library than
the other satellite service. XM really has their
act together when it comes to programming and
realizing what satellite radio is all about.

Happy you are enjoying it.

Keith Shaw

Agent
I'm about a month into my XM experience, and in that time I've got one subscription (home) to 3 subscriptions (home, work, car). Couldn't be happier at the wonderful diversity of music I have to choose from in each place. Amazingly, my office is located in the middle of a building near no windows, and I'm still able to get a solid signal from a terrestrial repeater when the antenna is placed on a bookshelf and aimed correctly.

Two thumbs up so far.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Keith - Each morning when I get in my car to drive to work, I think "What type of music do I want to listen to today?" Sometimes it's folk, other times it's Worldzone or Ngoma, sometimes Broadway, Frank's Place, one of the decades channels (usually 40's through 70's), etc. No matter what genre I decide to listen to that day, I know I'll hear some well known songs but also some more obscure selections that I've never heard before. I can honestly say I enjoy XM now as much as or more than when I first purchased it nearly a year ago.

It took me a while to get my second subscription as I had been using the SkyFi both at home and in my car, but I decided to upgrade to an XM-ready Pioneer head unit and tuner, primarily to get rid of the ugly wires in my car. Knowing how much I enjoy XM, the price of the second subsrciption was insignificant in comparison to the convenience of having a dedicated car unit and the many hours of enjoyment I get from both my SkyFi and my car unit.

I'm confident you'll keep those two thumbs up. Enjoy!

Steve K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks