What's new

Things You Just Don't Understand, Part 2? (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Obviously you've never seen the honeymoon video, or this would not puzzle you. Let's just say that one of his nicknames is "A Man Called Horse" - and not because he joined a tribe somewhere.
I have seen that and although impressive its still attached to a big piece of sh!t. She's hot enough to get a good looking guy with a big package.

Jin E

Second Unit
Making the bed in the morning. I tihkn this is just a total waste of energy and time. Whay make the bed when you are just going to get in it and mess it up again. I'll make it if I want the room to look pretty, or if there is company. Don't make your bed!!!!

Ray Suarez

Stunt Coordinator
Why is it that when your milk sits out too long it gets warm but when your soup sits out it gets cold?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Why can't rappers rap about something other than all their money, cars, and women?

and when they started out, and didn't have any money, cars, or women, what did the rap about?

Travis D

Second Unit
  • Drugs - I can't stand a papercut, let alone sticking a needle in my forearm. Makes me cringe just thinking about it.
  • Gangs - Your life is in danger for hanging around a certain group of people. It may be just me, but groups of people pissing each other off is not worth your life.
  • Women - I'm nice and they go for the bad boys who beat them up. I'm a bad boy (sans the beatings of course) and they think I'm a bad person. Sometimes I think it's easier to just be gay. (But alas, I couldn't be gay, I just love the female figure too much to leave them entirely.)
She's hot enough to get a good looking guy with a big package.
I've wrote her letters telling her the same thing, however she hasn't called me yet.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Kid Rock's American Flag fetish
Why do people live in deserts and complain about droughts? (*ahem* southern CA)
---------------------
Some answers to questions (If I may be so bold) :)
"Why the person in front of me on a flight (coach seating) MUST put their seat back as far as it goes." Because it's more comfortable than straight up (for them, not you) :)
"Why did anyone settle in northern climates?"
Because you couldn't properly chill a root beer in Florida, pre-refridgerators.
"Why until the 20th century - i.e. for most of human history, did battles consist of outright"
I don't think that's completely accurate.
1) Recorded history goes to roughly 8000 B.C.; The past 100 years are only 1% of human history.
2) Guns have only been employed since about 1600 A.D., and did not generally determine battles until about 1800.
3) Longbows, crossbows, catapults were used for the large battles you refer to (pre 1700's); they didn't really blow each other up.
4) Smaller battles e.g. within England, were typically fought by professional soliders (mercenaries), who sought to out-maneuver their opponent (and not be killed). The "loser", recognizing they'd been beaten, would surrender, be captured, and the battle over with little to no loss of life.
5) American Indians fought many battles with very little fatalities (one, or two deaths per engagement). Many times, "counting coup" was more important, which involved much taunting, but little serious injury.
(just some thoughts from recent history reading :) )

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Why is the AOL keyword almost always the same as the web address sans the ".com" - or why anyone chooses AOL as their internet service provider for that matter.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Just thought of another one.

I like Limp Bizkit but why do they have to mention their name in the lyrics of all their songs?

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
Why the person in front of me on a flight (coach seating) MUST put their seat back as far as it goes. I'm 6'4" and there is little room there to begin with. Tis usually a child doing this it seems.
Because the shithead in front of me put his seat back as far as it goes! And because I can! :)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
In regards to AOhelL - do people really need their computer to tell them "You've got mail". Isn't it obvious when you look in the inbox? I've never used AOL and, without the announcement, have yet to miss a single email.
Regarding lane changes - what really peeves me is when someone drives like a bat out of hell or passes you only to go 5mph under the frickin' speed limit!

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Why did anyone settle in northern climates? Did they not realize that there was southern climates that had beaches, tropical breezes and sun most days of the year?

I wish I knew. I'm stuck in a northern climate and can't wait to head south. We aren't polar bears with thick fur coats, that's for sure!

Other questions:

Why, when times are tough, do companies lay off the underpaid hardworking peons instead of the morons that were responsible for the company's problems to begin with?

Why do companies (still) think that making people wear uncomfortable clothes makes them better workers

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that's completely accurate.
1) Recorded history goes to roughly 8000 B.C.; The past 100 years are only 1% of human history.
That's the point I'm making - the 20th century is only a tiny part of human history - i.e. most of human history aint the 20th centruy!
And I know I exaggerated a bit - I'd just watched The Patriot and that particular style of combat seemed ludicrous to me.

Denward

Supporting Actor
AOL gives you 1000 free hours but you have to use them in 45 days. Let's see, that's um, 22.2 hours per day.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Women...why WTMI 93.1 here in Boca changed formats from classical to dance (who listens to techno at 10 in the morning?)...ignorant people...women...people who crave political correctness...Blockbuster employees' stupidity...oh yeah, and women

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Why can't rappers rap about something other than all their money, cars, and women?
They do... they rap about killing people.

I don't understand why people are allowed to drive when they're almost 70 years of age and/or older!! I saw a news bit about elderly drivers not being in many accidents, but they failed to observe the fact that they CAUSE a lot of accidents. Almost every accident I have been in has been due to avoiding an elderly driver. I say test them every six months, if their glasses are thicker than a coke bottle and larger than a TV screen, get them off the road!!

This reminds me of when MAD TV first came on and they had that skit where the old man was driving like two mph and his wife was yelling at him to slow down because he was driving like, "...a bat out of hell!"

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Some more I thunked up: :)
Why is the word "abbreviation" so long?
Why are there floatation devices on planes instead of parachutes?
What's so safe about "safety matches"?
Why is it easier for children to open "child-proof" bottles than adults?
Whoever came up with "ph" sounding like "f"? My filosofy is that fonics would be so much simpler without that rule. Excuse me, I have to go to the farmacy and rephill the prescription my fysician (sikiatrist) gave me! :)
Why do you park on a driveway, but drive on a parkway.
This makes perfect sense if you add gridlock to the equation. :)
KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks