What's new

Things to watch for in Dealer's Sound Rooms... (1 Viewer)

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Here's a good one...

I was recently auditioning 4 different brands of speakers at four different Hi End A/V outlets in town. These dealers all carry brands like Lex, P-Elite, MacIntosh etc... (no Kenwood's!)

In one store, I was considering a THX certified speaker set with side firing powered subs in the mains. We sat in the room, threw on the Matrix (bullet time and helo crash scene), and I was Hugely impressed in how these smallish towers and the bipoles filled the room.

I also noticed there were in wall speakers in this room in addition to the setup being auditioned. These were both at the front and rear. Between scenes, I asked casually...

"Are the in-wall speakers firing too?"

The salesman stated indeed, "for this set-up they are linked in series as well."

I didn't blink, and listened to the end. I thanked him and went for Paradigms (AT ANOTHER DEALER).

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I used to love some stores that sold modest electronics out the front, but hid a Yamaha A1 in the demo room to drive the speakers. Thats another thing to watch for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks