Things to do and see in Tamaulipas, Mexico

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis Hedger, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

Mar 24, 1998
    Well the wife and I are going to be going here .
    We leave from Oklahoma City on a road trip starting on Dec 16.
    I'm wondering if anyone from Ars has visited this portion of Mexico and what is good to see and do while going there.
    This will be my first trip to Mexico so I welcome all ideas and suggestions.
    Also, does anyone know of any good online maps that can be printed out for this area? Google only takes me to some very low quality hard to read maps, and does not provide an option for Mexican maps.
  2. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Sep 15, 1999
    Why Tamaulipas? How good is your Spanish? Do you know what to expect in terms of car insurance? I believe you need some sort of special permit to drive 50 miles beyond the Mexican border in order to get the proper car insurance, although not quite positive how that works.

Honestly, I wouldn't drive there if I were you, unless you are fluent in Spanish or else unless you know someone down there. It's not like Cancun or anything at all.

If you want some sun, stick to South Padre Island in Texas, it's where the Mexicans go when they want fun and the sun.