What's new

Things that baffle you? (1 Viewer)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Dr Griffin said:
What's that on the Beaufort Scale?
Not exactly but I looked at calculators but not close for the answer I'm looking for.

The Newton calculators can do some of the conversion but none have one that would work out 8600 Newtons and convert it into Ilbs. Its not to worry about I'm sure the number will be a lot of Ilbs.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
When you call Pizza Hut to order a large hand-tossed pizza and are told they are out of larges. Seriously? You can't make another tonight? You only make up x-amount of each size crust in the morning? This conversation happened so frequently, I stopped ordering from Pizza Hut close to 10 years ago. A few months back, my wife had some Pizza Hut while out with friends and went on about how good it was and we should order some on a Friday night so I called the location closest to us around 7PM the next Friday to place an order. "I'm sorry, sir. We're out of large pizzas for the night."

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
That is strange. Can't say I've ever had that happen to me there or at any other pizza place.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I have only seen it at that one Pizza Hut location. It's really bizarre. The only other business I have seen do something similar is Wendys running out of salads and refusing to make more until the next day.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Clinton McClure said:
When you call Pizza Hut to order a large hand-tossed pizza and are told they are out of larges. Seriously? You can't make another tonight? You only make up x-amount of each size crust in the morning? This conversation happened so frequently, I stopped ordering from Pizza Hut close to 10 years ago. A few months back, my wife had some Pizza Hut while out with friends and went on about how good it was and we should order some on a Friday night so I called the location closest to us around 7PM the next Friday to place an order. "I'm sorry, sir. We're out of large pizzas for the night."

File a complaint with the corporate office online. See if they care enough about their franchisee screwing up sales to take any action.

If it happened once or twice, I'd say they just ran out due to poor ordering or screw-ups in shipping. I think PH gets all their crusts pre-made in each size and frozen in which case it's not that easy to just make another or try and configure some substitution. It does happen in chain restaurants when they depend on things that are pre-made/pre-formed.

I worked at Burger King as a youth and we ran out of certain food items a few times, usually because items we had ordered did not show up on that day's delivery truck and we ended up running out before the next delivery 2 or 3 days later (if we could not borrow stock from another restaurant). But if it happens consistently, there's a bigger problem.

Did you ask them if they ever serve large pizzas? PH serves multiple types of crust. It would be really odd if they were out of larges of all types.

Clinton McClure

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
They serve larges of all types and have been like that for at least 10+ years since new owners took over. I'm not really messed up about it though because the pizza isn't that good and they have a competitor down the street who hand makes their pizzas to order, is cheaper and tastes better IMO.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
That anyone (male or female) finds these leather skinned muscle bound woman attractive. SHUDDER
150921165437-03-what-a-shot-0922-restricted-super-169.jpg

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'm always amazed how clueless most folks are when it comes to posting for help on nationally known company website "forums". Example, a very popular name brand wireless company.

I've seen so many folks post the most non-descript things in search of help fixing say their phone.

Samples being: Thread title is simply "HELLO" and when you click the topic, it's some person trying to figure out why there is no sound coming from their phone speakers....oh and they don't list the model of phone etc.

Saw another one recenlty saying "CAN'T MAKE A CALL!!" and they offer no other details in thread itself. Just "Please tell me why I can't make calls!!" with no other info..no model# of phone etc.

Amazing how dumb people get when it comes to using the internet.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
revgen said:
Police chases.

Do these guys really think they're going to get away?

It does happen. That being said, I think a primal flight reflex kicks in and the people just know they have to get away, without thinking any further than that.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Listening to Spotify, I've been baffled as to why recording artists put our "rem-make" versions of their popular songs? For example I wanted to listen to Tempted by Squeeze. I click and listen, but something seems a bit off. Musically it sounds almost the same, but the singing is off or altered just a bit. Found this on a few Def Lep tunes as well.

So why do artists do this, let alone publish them for streaming etc?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Alf S said:
Listening to Spotify, I've been baffled as to why recording artists put our "rem-make" versions of their popular songs? For example I wanted to listen to Tempted by Squeeze. I click and listen, but something seems a bit off. Musically it sounds almost the same, but the singing is off or altered just a bit. Found this on a few Def Lep tunes as well.

So why do artists do this, let alone publish them for streaming etc?

Usually because they do not own the rights to their own original recordings, and whoever does is not willing to allow them to be used or is asking too much money for the rights.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
People who talk during concerts and spend the whole time playing with their phones.

I went to a show on Wednesday night, general admission, I waited all day to be front for Bruce Springsteen. Presumably all the people around me waited all day too. Person behind me would not shut up or stop playing with his phone for the entire 3+ hour show. I just don't get putting in the time and effort to wait outside in the cold all day, then wait standing in an enclosed area for a couple hours, only to stop paying attention the second the concert begins. And since the face value of the ticket was $150, not cheap either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks