What's new

Things that baffle you? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I love coffee and a good dinner is not complete without a strong cup of coffee to top it off. However, your aversion to it is personal and we all find something gross that other people love. Mine is milk which I find the most disgusting piece of fluid on the planet. Even as a kid I refused to eat my Cheerios or corn flakes with that white muck on it. I ate the cereal dry or with chocolate milk (still disgusting but the flavor is disguised) instead. Curiously I LOVE cheese and ice cream, both dairy products and I always put a little bit of cream in my coffee, just enough to give it some color (but NEVER sugar).
I like milk, but it has to be cold, and can’t have any smell whatsoever. Decades ago, I got a mouthful of rancid milk- not much worse on the planet than that, so my unbreakable habit is I will ALWAYS take a whiff of the milk I’m about to consume. Even if I drank from a carton 5 minutes ago, I’ll smell it to make sure.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Have you never been to CVS? I'm exaggerating a bit but it's nuts.

It is-- actress Joey King went one time to one in her hometown of L.A., and she only got 2 packs of M&Ms there, and she got a long receipt, per this Wednesday Wisdom video of hers (go to the 1:28 mark).

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Which is amazing as some retailers are now asking if you even want a receipt, let alone one you can wrap twice around yourself.

There are a couple retailers around here that print on both sides of the paper, so even a longer grocery receipt is cut in half.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
The strangest case of pronunciation I come across, are non-native english speakers who pronounce the letter combination "ll" with an "sh" type pronunciation. (They seem to be from places like Argentina).

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Here in southern Ontario, the "t" seems to be prounounced by mostly young new Canadians.

Last edited:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Real Name
Clint
In high school, I failed an essay-form English Lit test about The Scarlet Letter that specifically asked my opinion of the book. I was told I failed with no other explanation than “my opinion was wrong”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAVS