What's new

Things that baffle you? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I price match there all the time. Amazon, Target, Toys R Us etc. As long as it's not a 3rd party fly by night vendor, the cashier will match, just show the pricing via your phone to the cashier.

FYI. The latest list of vendors they match:

*Online retailers are limited to: Academy.com Amazon.com Autozone.com Babiesrus.com Basspro.com Bedbathandbeyond.com Bestbuy.com Cabelas.com Dickssportinggoods.com Dollargeneral.com Familydollar.com Homedepot.com Jcpenney.com Kmart.com Kohls.com Lowes.com Michaels.com Newegg.com Officedepot.com Oreillyauto.com Pepboys.com Petco.com Petsmart.com Sears.com SportsAuthority.com Staples.com Target.com Tigerdirect.com Toysrus.com Walgreens.com Walmart.com

My Walmart must have been in the first couple waves though i thought it was supposed to eventually go nationwide. Early last spring/summer there were reports that some WM had eliminated PM. All of my local stores put up signs at Customer Service that Aug 1 would be the end of it. PM at WM had been much easier than at BBY or Target b/c the cashier could do it without managers or going to Customer Service separately.

EDIT: Went back and read the corporate policy again and maybe I misunderstood, my store misunderstood, or different stores are actually are using different policies. It looks like maybe some stores only eliminated local competition/B&M PM, but may have kept internet PM. I haven't tried it since last Fall b/c of the sign though with my stores dropping their 3D section and scaling back a little I haven't really had a reason to try.

Last edited:

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
If the price match exceeds I think $50 the cashier does have to have manager approval.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
On Wheel of Fortune, when a player lands on the "Express" space (you don't have to spin again, keep calling letters, $1000 for each consonant, bankrupt if you call a letter not in the puzzle), and they decide to NOT take the Express. :huh:

I can't come up with any good reason why a player would NOT take the Express option. There's only one space on the wheel with a higher $$ value, and every time you spin you're risking Bankrupt or Lose a Turn. The only time I might keep spinning was if i had a 1/2 Car and wanted to see if I could get the other half. Otherwise, I don't see any reason to decline the option.

The game is played exactly the same, you're just not spinning the wheel for each guess.

Heck, most of the time I don't understand it when people buy a vowel! (Not that there's never a good reason; it just seems like they often do it when the vowel seems obvious.)

Then again. . .

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Heck, most of the time I don't understand it when people buy a vowel! (Not that there's never a good reason; it just seems like they often do it when the vowel seems obvious.)

Related: why they buy an obvious vowel, then immediately solve the puzzle. That's $250 less you just won.

Also, when they land on "Free Play," call a consonant, then immediately buy a vowel. That vowel could have been free with the "Free Play" dummy!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I like "Wheel of Fortune" but it's nothing compared to "Jeopardy". That's a damn good, and exhilarating game.
Used to love "Jeopardy", but that big winner, Ken something, a few years ago really ruined it. Wish they had screened their contestants better. He was an arrogant jerk and I've never watched the show since then.

Certain people have the right personality and you just want them to win and win, but he really turned me off to the show. I may try again, an elderly neighbor loves the show and keeps wanting me to watch with her, so I might give it a shot.

And "Wheel of Fortune", ugh... Pat and Vanna. Pat "My entire career is a game show host", Vanna, "My entire career is walking around in nice dresses and flipping letters". Probably both taking home really big paychecks, but what a sad, boring life. Robots could easily handle what little they do.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I like "Wheel of Fortune" but it's nothing compared to "Jeopardy". That's a damn good, and exhilarating game.
Except that most players are way too conservative with the Daily Doubles.

Alex: You're in third place with $5,500, and trail our leader by $4,000. How much would you like to wager?
Contestant: I'll wager $500, Alex.

Enjoy third place, loser.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I always thought that Alex T. on Jeopardy is the worst....drives me crazy...

He comes off as though he knows all of the answers, and is so smug to correct someone who misses one...

Of course he knows the answers - they are written down for him.

He also isn't in a time constraint situation where he has to buzz in before others and then manage to pull the answer out of his head.

But he acts like the biggest know it all...and of course knows these answers.

It always cracks me up when he pronounces something just completely wrong, then it is obvious he is just reading the results.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I always thought that Alex T. on Jeopardy is the worst....drives me crazy...

He comes off as though he knows all of the answers, and is so smug to correct someone who misses one...

Of course he knows the answers - they are written down for him.

He also isn't in a time constraint situation where he has to buzz in before others and then manage to pull the answer out of his head.

But he acts like the biggest know it all...and of course knows these answers.

It always cracks me up when he pronounces something just completely wrong, then it is obvious he is just reading the results.
I used to like him, but something changed. He was a decent, normal person, good at what little he can do on Jeopardy.

But something changed. Now he just comes off like a smarmy, used car salesman.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
APRIL FOOLS AND APRIL FOOL'S "JOKES"

I have never seen what was so much fun about doing mean things to one another and claiming it is funny. It's like: ha ha ha you ruined your coffee because I put salt in the sugar bowl, or Ha Ha Ha, I made you feel like an idiot because you read this entire article and believed it until you reached the end.
It reminds me of laughing because someone tripped and fell in front of you. That is not humour, but just ignorance and cruelty.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
The only way I will watch Jeopardy.

IMG_1875.JPG

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
He gets paid well I am sure, but can you imagine doing that same game over and over for 1000 years like he has done? It must be like my summer jobs at the spark plug factory after a while!

And Bob Barker felt the same way about being on TPIR for 35 years, IIRC; towards the end of his run there, he started having more "senior moments," also IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks