Things people do in the movies that really bother you

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Allan Mack, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Allan Mack

Allan Mack Supporting Actor

For me, it's when people use the bathroom and don't wash their hands!
    Examples:
    In Working Girl, there's a scene where Harrison Ford takes a leak and when he comes out, he doesn't wash his hands!. In fact, he even puts his finger in his mouth immediately after coming out of the stall. (Gross!)
    In Sixth Sense, the boy takes a leak and doesn't wash his hands! Mind you, he was probably too scared to wash!
    In Leaving Las Vegas, Elisabeth Shue uses the bathroom in full sight (ie., doesn't close the door) and then doesn't wash her hands!
    Do people NOT wash their hands after going to the bathroom in real life? I hope not! What is Hollywood trying to teach? Bad personal hygiene?
    Yes, I realize these are just movies, but movies can influence people, as we all know. A kid could say, "If Harrison Ford doesn't wash his hands after going to the bathroom, why should I have to?"
    Anyway, I realize this is sort of a silly topic, but are there other things that people do in the movies that bother you?
    [Edited last by Allan Mack on November 06, 2001 at 04:33 PM]

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Believe me, it happens in real life. I saw a guy take a sandwich in a cubicle with him (not in a bag either). Do women have these problems/stories too.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's

3. Allan Mack

4. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

I about wanted to scream bloody-murder when the stupid guy in Swingers kept calling and leaving messages on the girls answering machine. I don't know why, but that just irritated the hell out of me!!
    BTW, I HATED that movie!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------
    God bless!
    jeffrey noel
    My DVD Collection
    [Edited last by Jeffrey Noel on November 06, 2001 at 07:09 PM]

5. Allan Mack

Another thing that bothers me:
    People who kiss on the mouth first thing after waking up. Eeew! Morning breath! Do people really do that? I'm single, so maybe the married people can answer this!

6. Tom Oh

Tom Oh Second Unit

I wake up and kiss my wife but it is closed mouth.
    ------------------

7. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

Quite possibly the most irritating movie convention is the wedding that gets broken up at the last minute. Typically it involves someone the person to be married hadn't seen in a long time until recently or simply hasn't seen in a long time.
    ------------------
    Read my reviews at www.dvdmon.com
    Most recent reviews: Bridget Jones's Diary, Withnail and I: The Criterion Collection

8. Allan Mack

9. MikeF

MikeF Stunt Coordinator

10. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    When people die in stupid ways in movies.
    Hollow Man takes the grand prize for this...how did Crane suddenly get superhuman strength to fling a dog (killing it) against a wall, the crow bar deaths (he must have filed it ahead of time...), and the neck breaking scene. Besides, Kevin Bacon isn't a very belivable villan.
    Another thing that makes me cringe is movies that have police shooting randomly at someone. Police wouldn't just open fire in a crowded area to catch someone!

11. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

People wearing spectacles who when tired or stressed out remove them from their face and proceed to pinch the bit of skin inbetween their eyes. I've never seen anyone in real life do that.

12. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I can't stand it when people can't keep their composures. This is why I hate movies like Rosemary's Baby or Robert Wise's The Haunting. I wish those two women would quit your damn whining and take charge of the situation. Look at Assault on Precinct 13 for example. For God's sake, a woman was shot in the arm, and she didn't even so much as budge.
    ------------------
    "I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
    "Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
    "It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
    My DVD Collection

13. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink

14. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

When people just get out of taxi cabs and don't pay the driver! What's up with that? Even the elderly priest in The Exorcist does that!

15. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

16. Jason Boucher

Jason Boucher Stunt Coordinator

People crawling through ventilation systems. Has this ever happened anywhere at anytime in any situation? Can ventilation ducts even support the weight of a human body?

17. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

I hate it when people say stuff like:
    'It's time to get on with life!'
    It's so melodramatic, and always comes up in films that are obviously striving for realism, and I bet no-one has EVER said for real!

18. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    I just hate when you can predict the outcome of a certian scene, charatcer, or situation way in advance. I'm not talking about 30 seconds before something happens. For example, in Jurassic Park 3... I picked the order of who would die first - last while they were flying in the helicopter. I think I got one character wrong and that person lived or something. I dont remeber now. I saw the movie once, on opening night.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    My Laserdisc Collection