What's new

Things are shaping up nicely... (1 Viewer)

David Head

Second Unit
Three months ago I finally got my first HDTV. I used to have a 32" TV in an entertainment center:

I removed the TV stand and doors to fit a 42" widescreen RPTV:

Last week, I built a frame using 1x2 wood and had it covered with AcousTex fabric (made for speaker grills). There are various colors to pick from and I chose Mahogany to match the entertainment center:

The fabric actually matches even better than the picture shows. I'm building a second frame with left over fabric to cover the rest of the silver border and allow me to attach mattes for 2:35:1 or 1:33:1 DVDs.

Greg Loewen is visting me next week to complete the transformation.

David

David Head

Second Unit
Thanks Neil. I'm going to post some screen shots next week after Greg gets done shuffling the reflective screen to the back and calibrating the inputs.

LewB

Screenwriter
I love it ! Is that an Ethan Allen entertainment center ? I have one with a 32" TV in it now and am looking for ideas on how to cram a larger TV into it. I was already planning on removing the doors, but I guess the bottom stand can go too. I never would have thought about the grille fabric, sheer genius !

David Head

Second Unit
Thanks for the kind words Lew! The entertainment center was custom built for my girlfriend by a local woodshop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks