What's new

"Thin" speakers or something with a small footprint (1 Viewer)

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Hi group,

I'm looking for speakers that I can put on either side of my TV. The problem with this setup is that the TV is in the corner and I don't have very much room on one side for the speakers. I was thinking something "thin" with a small footprint might be nice, maybe something similar to the Totem Arro, although those are really above my price I can pay right now.

Also would consider some small "cube-like" speakers on thin stands that sound good. Anyone know anything about the new Gallo Micro's? Didn't they recently come out with something new that was cheaper than the Due?

Thanks!
Aaron

RussKon

Stunt Coordinator
what level of quality of sound are you looking for?...i could say the "b" word for "thin speakers"...but they sound like doggy doo-doo....

and/or price range????

russ

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Ha! I knew the Bose word would get brought up. TO be honest with you, I haven't listened to them in 10+ years, so I don't have anything bad to say about them, but I think I'm going to stay away from them. There must be some other speakers similar that I'm not aware of.

Price range could be upwards of $500-$600 for the pair maybe. I certainly don't mind buying used. Just need to know what to look for. I have a pair of Diva 2.1's just sitting in a closet. I really like how they look, but I just think they are going to be too big.

Aaron

RichardH

Supporting Actor
These will be used w/ sub I'm assuming. You might like the M&K S85. Nice and compact, accurate sound. No frill looks however.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Yes, I will have to find a smaller sub to stick behind the TV. I found an older thread that listed a few other choices, so here's what I have so far:

NHT SuperZero
Gallo Nucleus
Energy Take 5.2
Boston VRM50 (although I'm not too sure how small these are)
Def Tech BP6B - are these thin like the Totem's?
Def Tech Studio Monitor's or Pro Cinema
Paradigm Titans/Atoms
M&K S85 (and looks like they have some other nice, small ones)

Thanks everyone!
Aaron

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Have no idea how they sound, but those JM-Lab ~ Sid's are very sharp looking IMO, and a very smartly designed.

Good luck on your speaker hunt
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks