What's new

Thin Red Line, Fox War Classics, no DTS? (1 Viewer)

Steve Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Young
I just picked a copy of this up at my local Future Shop, on the back cover it says it has DTS English, and English 5.1 Dolby Surround. But when I play the disc there is only a english dolby surround track and a 5.1 DD english track. It also has the Melanisian songs on it which I had read that if it included those it wouldn't have the DTS track on it? It really burns me up though that they put on the covers that it has something and then you pop it in and find out that it's not there!
Any info on this is appreciated.

Steve

Andy_MT

Second Unit
sounds like they put the regular edition disc in by mistake. the regular edition has those audio specs and the melanisian songs. you've been foxed !!!

YANG

Screenwriter
This had happened several months back to a local retailer here in singapore...The same thing happens,and the whole batch was affected.It is the same FOX WAR CLASSICS R1 release.The disc inside was the first edition release...obviously a big packaging error...or a delibarate one.

I noticed it immediately when i saw that the artwork is in charcoal grey colored keepcase with FOX WAR CLASSICS artwork without any sort of security seal.

The correct one should be packed in a black colored keepcase,with security/title seal,and cellowrapped,not shrink wrapped.
FOX catalogued titles are printed/manufactured by other manufacturer,i think is CMCA or whoever it is...originated from CANADA.

YANG

Screenwriter
After the retailer had learned the lesson,they openup every single disc of FOX DTS re-releases to confirm the content inside before they put up to shelve.

YANG

Screenwriter
"The Thin Red Line DTS-version is OOP."

The THIN RED LINE first edition is out of print.Not the DTS version.
FOX WAR CLASSICS THIN RED LINE is using the second edition master.

Mikko-Ville

Stunt Coordinator
I tried to order it from a couple of sites which had the DTS version listed. Couple of days went by and I got an email telling me that the title is not available anymore because it has gone oop.

Btw. Does out of print and out of production mean the same thing?

Steve Young

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Young
Well, I took back my copy and got my money back, then went to another local store and this one was cello wrapped just like Yang said, so I asked the salesperson if we could check to see that it was the correct disc inside, and sure enough it was. So I guess there are some incorrect ones out there then.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks