What's new

thin man films on TCM heads up (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
For those of you who have never seen these classic comedies, Turner Classic Movies is showing all 6 on Tuesday morning, July 2. The last one isn't all the great, but the first 5 are fantastic and the first one is one of the true classics.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
George,
Last year, when TCM showed all six films in a row, I took a vacation day just to SVHS tape all of the movies while I sat there and watched them all day long. One of the best movie days I ever experienced!

Crawdaddy

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Thanks, George! I haven't seen these for awhile and I'm off on Tuesday. Cool! :)

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
Nothing so cool and refreshing as Myrna Loy on a hot summer's day. First class all the way and one of the great contributions to American film. That she plays perfectly with the dashing and suave William Powell only adds to the luster.

This is Golden Age Hollywood comedy refined and played as you'll never see better done anywhere ever again.

Charles Bober

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the heads up. I wholeheartedly invite anyone who hasn't seen this bit of American cinematic history to do so. I couldn't wait for any station to broadcast these awesome films or deal with the chewed up VHS copies I had so I splurged on the LD Box Set. Best $100 I've ever spent.

LisaH

Stunt Coordinator
Damn! Too late for me to get the day off. :frowning: Oh how I wish this series was on dvd.

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
BTW, TCM says that The Thin Man will be re-airing at 8 PM, EST on Wed
The other 5 films will be re-aired as well:

After The Thin Man - Jul 10 10:00 PM
Another Thin Man - Aug 02 05:00 PM
Shadow Of The Thin Man - Jul 14 08:00 AM
Song Of The Thin Man - Jul 29 06:30 PM
The Thin Man Goes Home- Aug 18 08:00 AM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks