What's new

thin, flickering black lines on the top of my tosh 56x81/ why? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok so on the top of my screen i get those lines horizontALlly, that start at the top and go down about 6 or 7 inches.

it seems to be getting worse and i am about to call a tech under warranty to look at it.

anyone ever see these things before?

i also have a problem that is described by someone else in this thread.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...570#post497570

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok i just went through all my connections and switched all the cables around to check different inputs and outs.

i found that the only time i see these lines is when i watch through the colorstream 1 and 2.(component ins)
but i only get the problem watching content through the comcast motorola digital cable box and the mits hd directv box.

when i switch my dvd player to these inputs i dont get the problem.
and it is also fine when i watch through s-video cable.

i'm confused about this. please someone offer an opinion.

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Hi..i just got a Toshiba set and i have these wavey flickering horizontal lines too. If i set my dvd players background to grey and turn the brightness up..i can see that there are lines running right across the screen. I am using component inputs and couldnt notice it as much or at all with the composite. Havnt tried s-video yet. Someone mentioned to me that sometimes different electronics run on same frequencies and cause problems..would this have anything to do with that? I'm using a Toshiba dvd player too by the way. let me know if you find a cure!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think i may have come with something on my tv.

it appears to be having trouble with anything that is 720i or higher.

i have comcast digital cable and directv. both of which i can watch hd programs with.

when i watch through the directv mits box i get the horizontal, flickering lines near the top of the screen.
i also get this when watching the digital cable from the motorola dig cable box. BUT.

ON the cable box i have a menu that allows me to switch the YPBPR output. if i change it from 1080i to 480p i dont get the lines anymore.

of course the tosh converts 720i or 720p to 1080i so i cant switch to 720p, its just a blank screen.

so for now i watch all digital and hd from my dig cable box in 480p.
but i dont have this option with the mits directv hd box.

also when watching dvd's i do not get the flickerring lines.

so thats my problem. this would seem to make it a tv problem as far as my non expertise can figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks