thin, flickering black lines on the top of my tosh 56x81/ why?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TonyD, Feb 25, 2003.

1. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    ok so on the top of my screen i get those lines horizontALlly, that start at the top and go down about 6 or 7 inches.

it seems to be getting worse and i am about to call a tech under warranty to look at it.

anyone ever see these things before?

i also have a problem that is described by someone else in this thread.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...570#post497570

2. TonyD

Supporter

Tony D.
    ok i just went through all my connections and switched all the cables around to check different inputs and outs.

i found that the only time i see these lines is when i watch through the colorstream 1 and 2.(component ins)
    but i only get the problem watching content through the comcast motorola digital cable box and the mits hd directv box.

when i switch my dvd player to these inputs i dont get the problem.
    and it is also fine when i watch through s-video cable.

i'm confused about this. please someone offer an opinion.

3. BrettisMckinney

BrettisMckinney Second Unit

Hi..i just got a Toshiba set and i have these wavey flickering horizontal lines too. If i set my dvd players background to grey and turn the brightness up..i can see that there are lines running right across the screen. I am using component inputs and couldnt notice it as much or at all with the composite. Havnt tried s-video yet. Someone mentioned to me that sometimes different electronics run on same frequencies and cause problems..would this have anything to do with that? I'm using a Toshiba dvd player too by the way. let me know if you find a cure!

4. TonyD

Supporter

Tony D.
    i think i may have come with something on my tv.

it appears to be having trouble with anything that is 720i or higher.

i have comcast digital cable and directv. both of which i can watch hd programs with.

when i watch through the directv mits box i get the horizontal, flickering lines near the top of the screen.
    i also get this when watching the digital cable from the motorola dig cable box. BUT.

ON the cable box i have a menu that allows me to switch the YPBPR output. if i change it from 1080i to 480p i dont get the lines anymore.

of course the tosh converts 720i or 720p to 1080i so i cant switch to 720p, its just a blank screen.

so for now i watch all digital and hd from my dig cable box in 480p.
    but i dont have this option with the mits directv hd box.

also when watching dvd's i do not get the flickerring lines.

so thats my problem. this would seem to make it a tv problem as far as my non expertise can figure out.