What's new

Thievery Corporation: "The Richest Man in Babylon" (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member

well, once again i find myself browsing the listening stations at tower, which is how i found this wonderful treat.

fans of world music, urban-beat, jazz, east indian, reggae, and just about every other style of music, all infused with an electronic backbone will find this album quite enjoyable.

while there isn't anything really unique or innovative (what is in this genre anymore?) the songs can still hold water and entertain you with some nice, lavishly layered textures. lots of "little things" to listen for.

definitely wonderful music to drive by or listen to with headphones on.

standout tracks include; heaven's gonna burn your eyes, all that we perceive, exilo, and, from creation.

as an added bonus, it comes in one of the nicest packages i've seen in a while. it includes a high-quality booklet with lots of wonderful black and white photos - most of them seem to depict life in third-world countries. not sure what message their going for, but it ties in nicely with the various music styles.

so, if you're a fan of the genre, i definitely recommend you give these guys a chance.

i give this cd a "B".

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I like this album a lot. Many different musical styles represented. And recording quality is very good too. Now it's available on vinyl!! Many of their other artists are too.

not sure what message their going for, but it ties in nicely with the various music styles.
Read the lyrics and you'll find out. And considering what is going on right now, I won't go into detail about that here (Thievery Corporation is based in Washington D.C.).

Thievery Corporation's "The Richest Man In Babylon"

Thievery Corp's music label, Eighteenth Street Lounge Music

LJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks