Thiel CS 1.6 vs. Diva 4.1 or 6.1

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WilliamJay, Apr 1, 2002.

1. WilliamJay

WilliamJay Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone heard the Thiel CS 1.6 and the Diva 4.1? If so, how do they compare? I am aware that the Thiels are much more expensive, $2,390 + tax vs. $699 + shipping.

I was just curious, if they were that much better in terms of performance. Also, if they are that much better than the 4.1s, are they that much better than the 6.1s.

Thanks.

Bill

2. WilliamJay

Has anyone heard the Thiel speakers? I would be interested in any opinions. Thanks.

3. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

I have not heard them but The Absolute Sound claimes that the have lowered the super high end speaker form 10k to $2300, that the gap is much smaller in performance, but I do not read TAS much so I am not sure if they make the same type claims every month. They have a top flight rep from my readings and the speaker itself was very pretty.

4. WilliamJay

Greg,

I saw the same article and that is what prompted this thread. Thanks for the input. Anyone else?

5. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

You may get a better response on the pure audiophyle websites, I have never even heard Thiels mentioned here and maybe once at AV Science.

Also the Thiels are $2400 a pair and the Diva 6.1's are $1400, that would be a better matchup.