What's new

They're building Empire! (1 Viewer)

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
What, no SACD?!?!?!?:frowning: I think Operation:Mindcrime was easily the best album released in the 80's...regardless of genre.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Wow, look at this ol' thread. :)
My attitude towards Queensryche has changed since I started this thread. I now own practicaly everything they put out and enjoy all of it to some degree or another. I'm very fickle that way.
While their early stuff is still very 80s nonsense, it's a lot of fun, and it's good 80s nonsense. Some of the tracks on Warning and Rage I can still live without, but overall it's still pretty cool. As for their later stuff, I've actually come around to it. Hear in the Now Frontier and Q2K do have some great tunes.
I don't have the Live Evolution video yet, but I do have Operation: Live Crime, a complete concert performance of the album, with female vocalist playing Mary, video clips, Geoff Tate acting, the whole nine. Highly recommended.
I am very excited about the DVD-A!

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Evan S et al.:
Unfortunately, so far it has only been niche/audiophile labels (e.g., Telarc, dmp) and, of course, Sony that have released SACDs. Empire is a Capitol/EMI title.
The great thing about Capitol/EMI jumping into the DVD-A fray is that, in addition to the also-announced Crowded House DVD-A, I don't think a Pet Sounds DVD-A can be far behind!
Cheers,
Paul

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
One of my faves is The Warning. Can't overlook that one. Also, their first EP. Classic stuff. Lost interest after Empire although I have bought everything they put out since. Just got Live Crime and Evolution DVD's but haven't watched them yet.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm all over that new DVD Audio of Empire! I too liked Rage for Order but they did pinnacle with Operation Mindcrime and Empire. I bought Promised Land and that was the one that pretty much killed my hopes that they'd release another great album. Not that I hated it, but it simply didn't strike a chord with me like the previous albums.

I do hope the Operation Livecrime makes it onto DVD, my VHS copy is nearly worn out!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks